SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swifties on FOX news tonight at 10PM Central

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject: Swifties on FOX news tonight at 10PM Central Reply with quote

Fox News had on a story of the Swift Boats Ads and how was it affective. Doing a poll and I am sorry I do not have a thread to the site. ****, this late after the election, I was surprised it was still an active topic.
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We saw the very end of the segment and did not recognize the person who was being interviewed about the Swiftboats. Would have loved to have seen the beginning! It sounded quite complimentary in how well done the ads were. I wasn't sure if the focus was the Swiftboat vets themselves or the ads?

Navy wife
Harvuskong
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure glad to see that the Swift Vets and POWS are still getting news coverage.

The coverage should help to show the general public that Kerry's side of the Vietnam War is not the only side to story.

I hope it continues to arouse more people's curiousity about the issues about Kerry and the Swift Boats to where there will be change of opinion about the Viet War.
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvuskong wrote:
I am sure glad to see that the Swift Vets and POWS are still getting news coverage.

The coverage should help to show the general public that Kerry's side of the Vietnam War is not the only side to story.

I hope it continues to arouse more people's curiousity about the issues about Kerry and the Swift Boats to where there will be change of opinion about the Viet War.

Yea, when cows can fly. I believe most people have taken a position on the VN era and very few will change from their position now. Those that protested then will do so today so they can uphold their position from the 60's and try to maintain they were correct then. When did a leftist ever admit they were wrong?
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtboone wrote:
Harvuskong wrote:

Yea, when cows can fly. I believe most people have taken a position on the VN era and very few will change from their position now. Those that protested then will do so today so they can uphold their position from the 60's and try to maintain they were correct then. When did a leftist ever admit they were wrong?

When did a leftist ever admit they were wrong?

Yes and some of the most intolerant/bigoted people one will find anywhere but still claiming objectivity. I've done statistical work in the past and one could put these people of a graph--further left of center the intolerance curve ascends exponentially.
Harvuskong
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those from the 60s you may well be very right about.

However, there is no time like the present to counter thier influence on the present and future generations that they are still trying to recruit to thier viewpoint.

I think that it would help to include those boat people forced to leave S. Vietnam after the 1975 fall in the effort to prove that those like Fonda and Kerry were wrong and etc.

I could be too optomistic about it, but I know that unless the effort is made, Kerry and his bunch will win by default.

I think that I know that you Veterans are getting tired of it, but it is something that should be done and a non veteran like me has little or no creditablity in the effort against them.

The only thing that I can think of at the moment that could be effective is re-enactments like the civil war re-enactors that I have read about and I have seen wild west buffalo hunter re-enactor campouts.

The buffalo stuff was at an event in TX fairly close to an old trading post called Rath City or Rath Trail where the buffalo hunters came to sell their buffalo hides. Very interesting and it included tours of the actual Rath City site.

It included being allowed to shoot at a cutout of a buffalo with an replica of a buffalo rifle. The cutouts were a long ways off too.

The event has not been conducted for more than 7 years. Not sure why it fizzled. But I think that you get the idea about re-enactments. About the next best thing to being there so to speak.

Of course doing a Swift Boat re-enactment on dry ground might not work out too well!! Rolling Eyes Very Happy
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that it would help to include those boat people forced to leave S. Vietnam after the 1975 fall in the effort to prove that those like Fonda and Kerry were wrong and etc.

I think that I know that you Veterans are getting tired of it, but it is something that should be done and a non veteran like me has little or no creditablity in the effort against themD[/quote]

In regards to the VN that left in 1975, Bob Shirley could answer that better than anyone or a Toi Dang, who I went back to VN in 2002 and he fled VN after the Fall. Both of these men are very good friends and I trust them completely. They have experiences beyond belief.

As far as getting tired of this, they are tired because of the media bashing and being called on their honesty. But the fight against what Kerry and Hanoi Jane did, that battle will always go one. We owe it to the Honor of all the VN veterans and especially to the ones that never returned and that battle will never end.
rbshirley
Founder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvuskong wrote:
Of course doing a Swift Boat re-enactment on dry ground might not work out too well!!

This is may be redundant and is not exactly the re-enactment you had in mind

But the dedication of the Vietnam Unit Memorial in San Diego is set for May 21

It honors ALL the US Navy and Coast Guard men that served in the Vietnam War

In addition to a wall and monument with the names of those that did not return,
there are also restored examples of a Swift Boat, a PBR and a Riverine Force CCB

A large crowd of Navy and Coast Guard men are expected to attend this function.
Rear Admiral Joseph Maguire, Commander of the Naval Special Warfare Command,
will be the featured speaker. Naval Special Warfare is the heritage of the functions
initiated and accomplished by the Brown Water Sailors of the Vietnam era conflict.

Additional information on the memorial/ceremony is at VUM Memorial Dedication

The Veterans organizations for the Swifts, the PBRs, and the Mobile Riverine Force
are all dedicated to keeping alive the story of the accomplishments of the men and
vessels that served so well in this far off conflict. With as much interaction and close
visual exposure to, or involvement by, the general public as possible.

Perhaps, with these efforts, those days long ago and far away will eventually start to
be remembered by future generations with pride, rather than only as a major divisive
issue of a quickly faded and forgotten 2004 Presidential election campaign.

{A certain Senator has not been invited. Hopefully he has the sense to stay away}

Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you about gave me an heart attack!

did you have to wait until the LAST line to state that Kerry was not
invited???

it WILL be interesting to see what he does, won't it?
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie wrote:
you about gave me an heart attack!

did you have to wait until the LAST line to state that Kerry was not
invited???

it WILL be interesting to see what he does, won't it?

"Interesting to see what he does"

Venue's abound for Mr.Kerry.

Flying his Swifty(9) supporters to Mass
Flying his Swifty(9)supporters to Paris
Swift boat meeting in DC
Photo Op in Boston with movies about 'Tour of Duty',who knows Hillary may attend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: