SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mae Is Denied the Comfort of Her Family as She Struggles to

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tanya
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Mae Is Denied the Comfort of Her Family as She Struggles to Reply with quote

What is wrong with people? I don't understand this kind of thinking! Evil or Very Mad

"Confirmation Email:

MY Aunt Mae is now being nourished and hydrated at UAB medical Center.

HOWEVER, BETH GADDY HAS ISSUED AN ORDER TO THE MEDICAL STAFF AT THE CCU-UNIT
of UAB WHICH PREVENTS MAE'S BROTHER (A. B. McLeod) SISTER (Lonnie Ruth
Mullinax) and nephews/any of the Alabama relatives FROM VISITING MAE
MAGOUIRK IN HER ROOM at the hospital. When we appeared today to visit Mae,
we were turned away by hospital staff!"

see link below

Last edited by Tanya on Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server. Please visit the Blogger homepage or the Blogger Knowledge Base for further assistance.
Tanya
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed

http://straightupwsherri.blogspot.com/

http://www.blogsforterri.com/
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is true (and I'm not sure exactly what I think, yet) then Beth Gaddy just shot herself in the foot, big time.

There were already rumors circulating that Ken Mullinax's story was questionable, based on the fact that he used to be a Democratic party operative. (which still makes no sense to me - supposedly he has cooked up this big fluff and lied in order to make the Democrats look bad? WTF that has to do with anything, I still haven't figured out, but nonetheless, there are people who are trying to discredit Mullinax.)

And there were already attempts being made to rehabilitate Beth Gaddy's image - people chiming in to say what a lovely and sweet person she is and how she has taken care of her grandmother for 10 years.

"Taking care of" being rather a stretch, to my way of thinking - the errands and grocery shopping and doctors visits being all well and good, and heaven knows it's difficult to juggle all of that with a job and family. Taking away no credit for her on that count.

But she wasn't nursing the woman, turning her every two hours, etc., as the phrase "taking care of her" will imply with some people.

Mae Magouirk was living on her own and only needed help getting around because of the glaucoma.

And there's a grandson, Beth Gaddy's cousin, who appears to be in on the side of sending Grandmama to Jesus, too, even though he's maintained a lower profile.

If Beth Gaddy wanted to improve her image, this was precisely NOT the thing to do. In many minds, she just managed to single-handedly confirm the "bitoh" image.

And what's more, the judge that gave her temporary guardianship calls himself "pro-life," and was very dismayed at Terri Schiavo's case and the actions of Judge Greer - he is probably not going to like this kind of vindictiveness. She's already broken his orders and must be on his ****-list, right about now, as it is.

He ordered that the conditions of her temporary guardianship included keeping the patient fed, clothed and cared for, even if she had to be moved out of the hospice to a nursing home to get the care she needed.

But, something is just very odd about this whole thing.

How does Beth Gaddy's temporary guardianship override GA law or AB law, which state that siblings would have precedence over grandchildren as to who is "next of kin?"

Why did the hospital follow her order when she isn't the one paying for Mae Magouirk's care? (Except, perhaps that it's being taken out of her inheritance?) Is Mae Magouirk still not lucid? Is she still being drugged so heavily?

Doctors' orders have been used to supply or deny a patient all manner of things above the protests of family members? Why doesn't her attending physician simply write an order that Mae Magouirk is allowed visitors in accordance with the wishes of all family members? Or in accordance with Mae's wishes?

This has turned very bizarre. I'm just grateful that she's been given another chance, for now, but I sure hope that someone gets the guardianship out of that conniving little witch's hands before she manages to kill her grandmother.

At least let the lady get well enough to get legal representation and decide for herself!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: