SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Appeal for Help - Soldiers in Iraq/Afghanastan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JannDallas
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Appeal for Help - Soldiers in Iraq/Afghanastan Reply with quote

Have been to the site to look and read but haven't posted lately as we just moved from Texas to Florida. Looking forward to volunteering for the next election and let them try to intimidate me.

Anyway, I just got off the phone with the founder of Soldiers Angels. They are in the middle of a new deployment and are desperate for new volunteers. First is individuals who want to adopt a soldier. The second is if anyone is associated with a church or organization that can help two separate but large units who are asking for help as a whole group.

If anyone can help, please contact:

www.soldiersangels.com

I picked up two more soldiers myself. Thanks for this site in helping put out the call to help our wonderful men and women serving this Country.
soldiersangels
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you to all who help, right now we have 204 heroes waiting to be adopted,
Patti
soldiersangels@gmail.com
JannDallas
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping to keep this alive. By the way, there are some soldiers who just want a pen pal if it is financially hard to adopt a soldier. I know Patti read to me a letter from a person who had good family support for items and just wanted someone else to write to. If you have a friend or relative who has been thinking about doing this, pass it on.

Thanks for all the support you already do. I know many of you have adopted one or two already.
JannDallas
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to bump this again. Hope you don't mind.
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure don't mind!

Thank you for the reminder!

Smile Smile Smile Smile
soldiersangels
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am stationed over in Camp Anaconda Iraq trying to live one day at a time.Being over here is not too hard its just not home i try to say busy by working almost every day.My main job is to guard a gravel yard or if we get lucky we get to do our job which is to run equipment.i would just like to take a secound and see if you guys had any extra care packages waiting for a new soldier to sign up.Thank you for your time and support Spc. Powell
he is up for adoption!!!
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sent off an email to sign up for 1.... or 2 !
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
soldiersangels
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Fire in Unit Reply with quote

thank you Stevie,
we just got a MSGT in whose building burned, soldiers lost all their gear..
looking for emregency supplies
Last night there was a fire onour FOB. One of the buildings that
housed another unit was completely destroyed. Thankfully there were no serious
injuries and everyone was able to get out ontime. The problem is that the majority
of the soldiers were only able to get outwith the clothes theywere wearing to sleep in.
They lost all of their militarygear as well as their personal items. We have taken up a collection on our ownand have started providing personal hygiene items etc. that we have on hand. Wewould like to request that if anyone has anything that they would like to havedelivered to help these soldiers out to please send it. We will ensure that itis delivered to them immediately.
If you can help please email Eileen
einch1@hotmail.com
JannDallas
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am copying letter I got from soldier's angels. One of the items is the above noted fire incident, plus there are more.

Last Saturday (4/09/05)night there was a fire on our FOB. One of the buildings that
housed another unit was completely destroyed. Thankfully there were no serious
injuries and everyone was able to get out in time. The problem is that the majority
of the soldiers were only able to get out with the clothes they were wearing to sleep in.
They lost all of their military gear as well as their personal items. We have taken up a collection on our own and have started providing personal hygiene items etc. that we have on hand. We would like to request that if anyone has anything that they would like to have delivered to help these soldiers out to please send it.

Please send anything you have to:
MSG Kathy McGrew
FOB DANGER/LIBERTY
APO AE 09308

I need volunteers to help Glenn at Mug A Troop the guy who sends a free coffee mug to troops. We need to get the word out about this great program for our military, we also need publicity and volunteers and folks to forward this email on. Please visit this site and if you can help email me-

http://appreciateourtroops.org/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=21#21

carol.bishop@gmail.com

Carol
SC

We are a medical unit supporting 16,000 soldiers and civilians. Our unit is based in San Antonio TX and have active, National Guard, and reserve soldiers from all over the country. We live in buildings in ply wood rooms with 220 and some 110-volt electricity. Some have acquired beds some still sleep on cots. We have acquired some tools and wood to improve our living conditions. We remolded a 15,000 sq ft building and made semi private two person rooms for 107 of us. I went around the hospital and asked soldiers what they wanted or needed and the following is the list: things to decorate the wards and living areas, art supplies and party favorites for the holidays, air fresheners, Uniden two way radios that are blue and black in color and have a red boost talk button. Snack foods, moon pies, beef jerky, cheese nips, chewy granola bars, raisins, trail mix, DVD movies, hygiene products, battery operated hand tools, framing hammers, speed squares, tape measures, carpenters pencils, 16 penny nails, 1” sheetrock screws, hand soap, magazines (popular mechanics and popular science), mouth wash, sports equipment, dove body wash (place duct on the cap), stick deodorant, big blow up swimming pool, Tupperware containers (medium, and large), electric fans, mach 3 razors, large trash bags, toilet paper, dandruff shampoo, white ankle socks, flat toe nail clippers, coffee cups with lids, pillow cases, hair clippers, alarm clocks, memory sticks for cameras, small vacuum cleaners, sunglasses, bath towels and wash cloths, facial tissues (box), twin size sheet sets (old or new), febreeze, sunglasses, frisbees. The females of the unit have asked for pumice stones, manicure kits, eyebrow tweezers (the good kind), vagasil power, panty liners, summers eve wash.God Bless

SFC JAMES MOORE

B CO OIF 3 FOB SPEICHER

APO AE 09393

This email is 3 separate messages in one instead of sending 3 messaged I just put it all together.The first message is for a one time only if you can send anything please email . The 2nd about the mugs is just for your info, in case any of you want to help. The 3rd and last one will be an ongoing thing for us, as we have adopted this combat hospital, as you can see, they are just starting out and need many things, if you feel like you can do or send somthing please contact me. Thank You Angels. When asked what Tx. could do, I told them to give us the hospitals, that way we are helping them all, the wounded and the non-wounded. Bless you Angels
Bonnie, Texas State Manager
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: