SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thank You!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack S. Lindsay
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Thank You! Reply with quote

I want to thank the swift boat veterans for everything they are doing to protect and preserve the honor of the men, including my father, who fought and are fighting courageously against the enemies of liberty. As I am simply the off spring of one such courageous human being, I cannot pretend to know or understand everything you men have gone through. I can only imagine how hard it must be to re-live all of this at the behest of what now appears to be a spineless opportunist seeking to further dishonor the goals of a righteous endeavor; Liberty and freedom for all. If people are still trying to figure out what it means to be American, that about sums it up in my mind; Accepting and taking on the timeless struggle against oppressors of humanity, liberty and freedom for the ultimate advancement of all human kind.
I was also wondering if any of you guys knew my dad. He was a Gunner’s Mate and served on PBRs. I don’t know if PBRs and Swift Boats are the same thing. I wish he were here to share his thoughts on John Kerry. I don’t even know if he knew him. My dad earned a Bronze Star in Vietnam. He participated in at least 4 combat tours and possibly more from what I can tell of his record. He was no baby killer, rather he sacrificed and our family sacrificed for the cause of liberty. He was Jack S. Lindsay, now buried in Arlington National Cemetery, Senior Chief Petty Officer GMAC. He began his service in Korea, then on to Vietnam and finally came home in 1972 where I meet him when I was 6 years old. He finished out his career in San Antonio, Texas as a naval recruiter and died in 1985. He never talked about his experiences but judging by the collection of large caliber shrapnel I found in his things he saw a lot of action. I’m still not clear why he kept going back but I suspect he felt duty bound to his brothers.
In closing I again want to extend my gratitude to you great men. I support and admire your steadfast and solid intent to have the truth heard. I am equally humbled by your commitment and sacrifices to liberty with all of humanity as the benefactor. If my father were here to today I’m certain he would stand with you as I do now.

Sincerely
James D. Lindsay
Spring, Texas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: