SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LA part of Mexico-Billboard crosses out CA adds Mexico

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: LA part of Mexico-Billboard crosses out CA adds Mexico Reply with quote

WorldNetDaily

Monday, April 25, 2005
INVASION USA
L.A. now in Mexico?
Billboard for TV newscast has 'CA' crossed out, nation's named added

Posted: April 25, 2005
5:00 p.m. Eastern

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

An immigration activist group is drawing attention to a photograph showing a billboard ad for a Spanish-language TV newscast in L.A. on which the "CA" abbreviation after "Los Angeles" has been crossed out and the word "Mexico" added in its place.

Purported photo of billboard in L.A. area.

An e-mail to supporters of Americans for Legal Immigration states: "We just received this photo of a billboard in CA that reads 'Los Angeles CA' but the CA is crossed out and replaced by the word 'Mexico.' It looks like this billboard is compliments of Clear Channel."

The billboard reportedly sits along the 605 freeway in Southern California. A photo of the ad was taken by a commuter who says he first though his eyes were playing tricks on him.

The e-mail that accompanied the photo read:

I travel every day to and from work on the 605 freeway. By the sand quarries and the river wash there are many billboards. I have noticed that it seems more and more of them are in Spanish.

Last week, I thought I noticed something strange on one of billboards. The 605 moves fast usually at that point, so I went by again the next day and verified that the CA was crossed out and replaced with MEXICO.

Still not wanting to believe my eyes, or hoping they were playing tricks on me, I went by again, Sunday afternoon the 24th. I went home and retrieved the digital camera. I drove north on the 605 past Ramona and there it was on the right-hand side. I pulled off the road and took this all too sad photo.

I guess they don't have to hide their intentions anymore.

PA

In the center of the billboard, placed within the L.A. skyline, is an image of the Angel of Independence, a well-known monument in Mexico City, further suggesting the merging of Los Angeles and Mexico.

Last month, ClearChannel, the apparent owner of the billboard, announced a "Multicultural Sales and Marketing Initiative" to expand its focus on "serving the fast-growing U.S. Hispanic and African American population."

A call to KRCA, channel 62, was not returned by press time.

SBD
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forget the name of the group, but there is a group of Mexican people wanting Mexico to reclaim most all of California, New Mexico, Arizona and Nevada, probably some of Texas also. In the meantime, our government sits idly by allowing untold numbers of illegal immigrants to almost freely wander through our borders and roam about.

If they truly want LA, I say let them have it, after we level the valley and hand it back the way we found it. Who knows, maybe the air there would clear up finally Wink
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
I forget the name of the group, but there is a group of Mexican people wanting Mexico to reclaim most all of California, New Mexico, Arizona and Nevada, probably some of Texas also. In the meantime, our government sits idly by allowing untold numbers of illegal immigrants to almost freely wander through our borders and roam about.

If they truly want LA, I say let them have it, after we level the valley and hand it back the way we found it. Who knows, maybe the air there would clear up finally Wink

The group you are referring to is Mecha.
http://www.azteca.net/aztec/mecha/index.shtml

As for the clearing the air, LA would get worse than it is today. Just look at Mexico City.

SBD
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the last American out of LA remembered to bring the flag.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBD wrote:
LewWaters wrote:

The group you are referring to is Mecha.
http://www.azteca.net/aztec/mecha/index.shtml

As for the clearing the air, LA would get worse than it is today. Just look at Mexico City.

SBD

I just got an asthma attack looking at that photo!

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Ghost Town Reply with quote

If all the illegal aliens were forced out of So Cal back across the border, there would be no Maids left in the Hollywood Elite's Homes, or Mexican Resturants open and East LA would look like a Ghost Town.

Cinco D' Mayo would no longer be the biggest Holiday in LA and traffic would be reduced by two-thirds on the freeways in LA.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, looks like things are heating up...

SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=44084

Monday, May 2, 2005
INVASION USA
Old Glory covers
'Mexico' billboard
Protester puts flag on ad for TV station that puts Los Angeles south of border

Posted: May 2, 2005
5:00 p.m. Eastern

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

A protester of a Los Angeles area billboard that has "CA" crossed out and "Mexico" added has draped a U.S. flag over the word "Mexico."

As WorldNetDaily reported, the billboard advertising a local Spanish-language news station drew the ire of immigration activists last week. The ad has the "CA" abbreviation after "Los Angeles" crossed out and the word "Mexico" added in its place in bold red letters.

Billboard with flag accoutrement.

In the center of the billboard, placed within the L.A. skyline, is an image of the Angel of Independence, a well-known monument in Mexico City, further suggesting the merging of Los Angeles and Mexico.

It also says, "Tu Ciudad. Tu Equipo," or "Your City. Your Team."

Billboard as it first appeared.

The organization Americans for Legal Immigration has posted a photo of the billboard with the U.S. flag covering "Mexico."

"Some patriotic Americans have climbed this sign and draped Old Glory over the word 'Mexico,' providing America with another picture worth a thousand words," states the group's website. "Thus Los Angeles' correct address as part of the sovereign territory of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA is now displayed for all to see. It appears that patriotic Americans are liberating Los Angeles today.

"O say, does that Star-Spangled Banner yet wave o'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?"

ALIPAC notes that yesterday, activists protested in front of the station sponsoring the billboard, KRCA, channel 62.

Protesters wave Old Glory outside TV station.

On Thursday, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger told a local radio show the billboard should come down.

"I think they should take it down immediately," Schwarzenegger said.

He called it "divisive" and "unnecessary" and said it promoted illegal immigration.

SBD
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cinco de Mayo:

This is the day Napoleon II French troops were defeated in "battle of Puebla" by a herd of cattle stampeded by Indians and Mestizos with machetes. Viva something or other....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: