SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Baby Born Alive at Florida Abortion Facility, Staff Refuse C

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:24 am    Post subject: Baby Born Alive at Florida Abortion Facility, Staff Refuse C Reply with quote

http://www.lifenews.com/state1007.html

Quote:
Orlando, FL (LifeNews.com) -- Workers at a Florida abortion facility have come under fire for failing to assist a woman whose baby was born alive there.

The woman, Angele, who has asked that her last name not be used, is now considering filing a lawsuit against the facility. Angele, who was 22 weeks pregnant at the time of the incident, is being represented by Liberty Counsel, a nonprofit pro-life and religious liberty legal organization.

Angele told WorldNetDaily that she had chosen the EPOC Clinic of the Orlando Women’s Center in Orlando, Fla. because workers there had convinced her that her unborn baby would feel no pain during the abortion and because the “staff seemed caring."

Angele had chosen the “labor and delivery process" for her abortion as opposed to partial-birth abortion or dismemberment. She thought it would be less harmful for her unborn baby.

The woman, who is in her 30s, had asked what would happen if the baby were born alive.

“I wanted it to be as humane and painless as possible for my son," Angele told WorldNetDaily. “They told me they would guide a needle directly into his heart and it would put him to sleep, and he wouldn't feel anything."

Following her initial visit to the abortion facility, she could feel the baby still moving within her. The next day she took pills meant to induce labor.

"I waited outside, cramping and crying, for the clinic to open. My contractions were close. I had been having them for hours. I knocked repeatedly at the door," Angele told WorldNetDaily.

After she obtained access to the abortion facility, she delivered her son.

"In one agonizing push, I felt and heard something come out. Then immediately another push. I was weak. I just held my head in my hands for a moment. Then I decided to stand up. I looked. There was my baby, the whitish cord and what I thought surely must be the placenta," Angele told WorldNetDaily.

Angele added, “I started sobbing and lay down (on) the floor. I stared and stared at my son. I was horrified that I had just had him in a commode."

Angele then screamed for help for her son, whom she called Rowan.

When an abortion facility employee finally arrived, she refused to call 911 for the baby, who was still moving. Angele ended up calling a friend, asking her to call an ambulance. But Rowan died before help arrived.

Angele wants an autopsy to be performed on Rowan's body, but the local coroner has refused to do it.

"It's important to my cause to prove that Rowan was alive in order to stop this from happening again," Angele told WorldNetDaily, adding that the results could be used as evidence.

Rowan's body is now at a funeral home in cold storage.

The founder of the Orlando Women’s Center, James S. Pendergraft, is known for his late-term abortions. He was convicted of extortion in February of 2001 and served seven months in prison. While the conviction was later overturned, he admitted in federal court that he obstructed justice by supporting a business associate he knew was lying.

The Florida legislature is now considering measures to regulate abortion facilities in the state. Mathew Staver, president and general counsel of Liberty Counsel, told WorldNetDaily, “we're going to be providing some of this information (about Rowan) to some legislators."

Staver added that Liberty Counsel's ultimate goal is to “shut this clinic down."

AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Florida. Reply with quote

FLORIDA does it again!
George F. Thompson
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Florida abortion Reply with quote

Let me get this right. She took medication to induce labor because she decided the " labor and delivery" method would be more humane for her son, as compared to a partial birth abortion. She was concerned what would happen if her son was born alive and was told a needle would be inserted into her baby's heart to put him to sleep. After taking the medication, she returned to the abortion clinic and delivered the baby in a commode and when the baby was born alive, was angered at the clinic staff because they didn't call for paramedics and now she want's to bring a law suit against the abortion clinic for allowing her child to die. I thought her initial intention was to kill the child in the first place. Some way this is Floridas' fault. I'm from Florida, and by no way support abortion or this persons stupid behavior. I do believe, if she does bring a suit for wrongful death, she should also be charged with child endangerment, accessory before and after the fact of this crime. She's not responsible for her behavior but somehow it's Florida's fault. God help us.

George F. Thompson
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The woman, who is in her 30s, had asked what would happen if the baby were born alive.

“I wanted it to be as humane and painless as possible for my son," Angele told WorldNetDaily. “They told me they would guide a needle directly into his heart and it would put him to sleep, and he wouldn't feel anything."

I thought the argument of the pro-abortion crowd is that the fetus isn't
considered a PERSON until it is BORN.

IMO, why wouldn't this be considered MURDER??
The intention was that if the baby was born alive (a very likely probability
at 5 months) they would then KILL it with an injection to the heart.

Isn't this MURDER of a live PERSON??

It seems to me that the mother would be just as culpable if the baby had been
injected and KILLED after birth.
She was in agreement with the procedure.
Of course the abortionists are not going to help a live baby!
She wanted an abortion (murder) and she got it!!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone involved from the mother to the abortion staff should all be charged with murder; and lets not forget to charge the coroner who refused an autopsy with failure to do the job he was hired to perform.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: