SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jane Fonda Book Signing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Jane Fonda Book Signing Reply with quote

Y'all c'mon out, y'hear. It'll be interesting. (Sorry no link available yet.)

Marty Daneman, Plano, TX, Letter to Dallas Morning News, Apr 9 wrote:
See Jane speak? No way
A sign in our local Sam's store on Coit Road in Plano announces that Jane Fonda will be doing a book signing on their premises on April 18. I'm astonished that the store would give her the opportunity to spread her poisonous message. She was directly responsible for the torture of American POWs in Vietnam and has a well-established record of anti-Americanism. Her appearance there is an insult to every GI who has served and particularly those who died in Vietnam.

I've made it clear that if her appearance is not canceled forthwith, I will switch my allegiance to Costco or almost any other retail chain. If you agree with me, please call your local Sam's or Wal-Mart and express your displeasure.

I agree with Marty and called my stores (we have three) to very little effect. The Sam's Club store hosting Hanoi Jane is at:

(972) 612-8041
301 Coit Rd
Plano, TX 75075

The Wal-Mart corporate headquarters is at:

(479) 273-4000
702 NW 8th St
Bentonville, AR 72712

I looked but didn't find email addresses for Sam's or Wal-Mart but will keep looking. If anyone finds a quick way to contact them, please post it. The email route was effective when Staples acted like a jerk. Maybe we can nip this in the bud too.

Perhaps someone should organize a protest. They have a large parking lot and are just north of the George Bush Turnpike in Plano, TX.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What truly amazes me is that so many people have forgotten who and what Jane Fonda is. I just can not get over what she and John Kerry did to our vets.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WWSD - What Would Sam Do?

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theresa Alwood wrote:
What truly amazes me is that so many people have forgotten who and what Jane Fonda is.

Theresa...

Unless one lives an experience, it can only be learned and appreciated by historical awareness, either taught or independently pursued. It is an inexorable fact of life that time can obscure even the most heinous transgressions.

To the Gen X'rs (who are now becoming grandparents) and younger, Jane Fonda/John Kerry et al's Vietnam era activities are a footnote to a history about which, fortunately, there is no exclusive authorship. The question remains as to which version will make it into our children's history books.

On edit: Quite coincidentally, see the following link...

http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19288
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: fonda Reply with quote

I think we should all be calling wal-mart and costco, it was costco in oregon I think when another vet, went up and called her book blood money, these stores need to be made aware that, we are noticing that they are supporting traitors
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Me#1You#10"]
Theresa Alwood wrote:
What truly amazes me is that so many people have forgotten who and what Jane Fonda is.

Unless one lives an experience, it can only be learned and appreciated by historical awareness, either taught or independently pursued. It is an inexorable fact of life that time can obscure even the most heinous transgressions.

To the Gen X'rs (who are now becoming grandparents) and younger, Jane Fonda/John Kerry et al's Vietnam era activities are a footnote to a history about which, fortunately, there is no exclusive authorship. The question remains as to which version will make it into our children's history books.

I could not agree more. She apologized only for being caught doing what she did. She did not apologize for her actions. It will be interesting to see just how history will be written with a left hand pen.

Kids will not be taught that standing up for your country is an honor and a duty. Schools and colleges fight to keep recruiters off campus now.

To many teachers Fonda is the real hero having stood up to that evil USA and defended to the poor innocent North Vietnamese that before, during, and after that war killed many thousands of their own people. I wonder if the books will remember that part.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: