SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Off Topic, Visit American Freedom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Off Topic, Visit American Freedom Reply with quote

American Freedom

Please read the post at the end of this thread.............

You know everyone I loved the SVPT so much that when I though it would go out I began a forum to continue our conservative voice. Boy did I miss it!

I did my best, but you know the saying, you can be sincere, but sincerely wrong.........I am here to tell you I was wrong.

It is no picnic to run a forum. People and their opinions, power grabing mongers who want to take credit, and the list goes on.

I just want to thank the SVPT, although the many people that used to frequent here are gone after the election, I still come back home.

This is the best place to be....tho I am hurt at the sad events that turned my forum into what I did not desire it to be, and could not continue the saga so to speak.

I am dedicated to SVPT. SVPT was my first forum experience. I thought when SVPT would not be here anymore, I could create a place to continue on....yah, nice thought, but it never really worked out like that.

I want to thank those here that frequented A Point of View, understanding why POV came to be. But I am taking it down. Too many egos, too many disagreements, and I just am burned out!

I want you all to really appreciate the admins and mods here. What they do and what they go through so we can have a voice, and most of all I want you to understand that without the SVPT we would never have had a voice to begin with.

I thank you SVPT for all you have done and continue to do. My heart is here. It always belonged here, and without the forum you provided us, we would not have a voice.

Some of you are new, and were not here when the election was going on. Well, let me tell you this was the place to be. I do not think SVPT will ever be like it was, but things change, and we all were here, just alot of new voices. One voice, for the people and by the people.

Please, never take SVPT forgranted.............it is the best forum you will ever have if you need to be heard....the only real place your voice will be listened to.

I'm still around and I love you all! SVPT is the best!

((((((((((((((((((((cyberhugstoall!))))))))))))))))))))))))

Last edited by Guest on Sun May 01, 2005 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:31 am    Post subject: Re: LOL! Guess I was duped........Off Topic, but what a hoo Reply with quote

doll wrote:
You know everyone I loved the SVPT so much that when I though it would go out I began a forum to continue our conservative voice. Boy did I miss it!

I did my best, but you know the saying, you can be sincere, but sincerely wrong.........I am here to tell you I was wrong.

It is no picnic to run a forum. People and their opinions, power grabing mongers who want to take credit, and the list goes on.

I just want to thank the SVPT, although the many people that used to frequent here are gone after the election, I still come back home.

This is the best place to be....tho I am hurt at the sad events that turned my forum into what I did not desire it to be, and could not continue the saga so to speak.

I am dedicated to SVPT. SVPT was my first forum experience. I thought when SVPT would not be here anymore, I could create a place to continue on....yah, nice thought, but it never really worked out like that.

I want to thank those here that frequented A Point of View, understanding why POV came to be. But I am taking it down. Too many egos, too many disagreements, and I just am burned out!

I want you all to really appreciate the admins and mods here. What they do and what they go through so we can have a voice, and most of all I want you to understand that without the SVPT we would never have had a voice to begin with.

I thank you SVPT for all you have done and continue to do. My heart is here. It always belonged here, and without the forum you provided us, we would not have a voice.

Some of you are new, and were not here when the election was going on. Well, let me tell you this was the place to be. I do not think SVPT will ever be like it was, but things change, and we all were here, just alot of new voices. One voice, for the people and by the people.

Please, never take SVPT forgranted.............it is the best forum you will ever have if you need to be heard....the only real place your voice will be listened to.

I'm still around and I love you all! SVPT is the best!

((((((((((((((((((((cyberhugstoall!))))))))))))))))))))))))

Doll,

Considering what you were up against (hackers and the like) I'd say I have to admire your sticktoitiveness. Your posts there and here are insightful and relevant. However, sometimes it comes down to plain ol' luck.

I think everybody here is happy to have you back, and you're of course more than welcome over at CW.

Nil Illegitimus Carborundum, Kiddo!

Doc

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks doc...........I am still working it tho............POV is gone............but I am still up to something else, you know, enquiring minds!
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Doll.

Your efforts were appreciated and instructive.

My ship, scrapped long ago has a site but it's a receding, finite subject where SVBVT has an ongoing function. I imagine my own site, "I've had a dog's life and you've been just like a mother to me" or "Drunks against Mad Mothers" and realize their limited and contentious appeal. I've nothing but praise for the local ADMIN who keep Swift Vets regulated and on target.

After the election I worried there would be some Stalin/Trotsky conflict. Met Navy Chief et.al. in Austin for inconclusive converse. Of course, the site's contracted but there is ongoing effort in the archives and the window stays open. From a small unit of small boats has come a broad base of common interest.

What's curious to me (and likely to you) is how it's funded. No subscriptions, no commercials...I gave money and would give more but .....?

I'm encouraged by the contributions of say Bob51 who widen the base and spread the scope. The appeal of the Swift Boat movement goes far beyond Kerry's minor assignment. We see the involvement of Ground Pounders, Airdales, Jar Heads and all those who never met RB Shirley, or went to sea and found themselves in a glorified ditch. I was a pre-TailHook navy so will say nothing of the many female types who find home here.

I don't want to be some kinda Forrest Gump but I'm a product of the 60s and have seen first hand many meaningful and historical events but will say that for partaking in a greater good the Swift Boats is the best!

-Wlm Shakespeare

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is so true...SVPT is the best. Yes I did take POV down.....lets just say I hate mutiny........lol. But to say the least for now, me and a couple of my admins that are committed like myself and just happen to be bikers are going to start over. It will be the same url.........www.a-point-of-view.com but it will have a new look, new name, brand new threads and I am counting on my admins insight how to make this work............NO MORE MORON BEING MORON MAGNETS!

Live and learn. Lead, follow or get out of the way! I am still an Army Brat!!!!LOL But I am excited and energized and when we are up and ready to roll you will find the link in my signature....but for now I am content to take a few days for a break.................on Monday we roll! Lots of work to do, but this time we will get it right.........I have good guys, vets, bikers, military who I have grown to know and care about that want to put a site up that will work............No, no place will EVER be SVPT, but then we are just trying to find our place in the nitch to call our home.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am back up and running....new name American Freedom, "By the people, because of the people"

If you decide to join or visit, please make sure to read our mission statement.

You all are welcome! God bless you all!

American Freedom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: