SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

News from soldier in Iraq

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: News from soldier in Iraq Reply with quote

I think this speaks volumes about or troops now fighting in Iraq.

The son of a good friend is currently fighting in Iraq. He goes out on regular missions to draw enemy fire in his hummer. His Hummer was hit several times by small arms fire and an errant RPG that did not go off. Then last month he was hit with an IED. Everyone in the Hummer was wounded except him (he has a loss of hearing). None were killed. He sent word that he doesn't understand why our media is reporting very little of the good things they do or just how many 'insurgents' have been dusted.
He said in one firefight alone 65 terrorists were killed in a copse of trees next to a road. The terrorists were setting up an ambush but thanks to an Iraqi they were exposed in time. I know that body counts are not a good way to judge a war but the fact that they were not timid nor did they have to wait for permission to shoot back (like the UN peacekeepers) allowed them to do a great job.

He also said that what we see as news has very little to do with reality. He said the troops are motivated and very proud to serve. Certainly there are those that do not agree but still fight, but he said that the moral there is very high. The vast majority of the Iraqis back the US troops and help them spot potential problems.

Does this remind anyone of a previous war? I am certainly proud of this young man. I think that over all our next generation will survive thanks to people like this. He spent a week in the hospital and returned to duty.
Jerald L. Parsoneault
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He spent a week in the hospital and returned to duty.

Compare this to Kerry. who abandoned his crew and flew home after being wounded three times, i.e. having a piece of rice extracted from his backside, suffering a bruise on his arm, and being administered a bandaid.

Nalt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: