SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This site keeps me going

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject: This site keeps me going Reply with quote

As I sit here again late at night, browsing and reading I am very thankful to so many wonderful people for the education, insite, entertainment and humor I also find here. You may not realize it but this site has meant so much to me for reasons other than just my extreme hatred for Kerry. I injured my back in 92, and that combined with degenerative bone problems everywhere have led to way to many surgeries and medical problems. About the time we were defeating Kerry I was putting my boat away and fell about 5' landing on my back. I have had my 8th and 9th spine surgeries already this year, and am currently waiting on a hip surgery. As laying down for more than an hour or two at a time leaves me in extreme pain I am up a lot. As I sit and worry about wether I will ever again enjoy what I love to do and if I will be able to afford to pay tomorrows bills, I find myself coming here and reading so many wonderful and caring articles. I would just like to thank so many people for caring so much about our wonderful country and its future, and for what they have all done to save us from what might have been. I stand in awe at your dedication and devotion and will continue to do what I can to contribute to our future. Sorry if I bored you with this but I just felt the need to release a little tonight. Thanks to you all.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nutso, sorry to hear about your problems, I know how it feels when back problems crop up, although mine has never been operated on. I imagine it's much less severe than yours.

I too enjoy coming here and reading most of the threads, especially the most imformative ones. In all, this is one of the best forums I have ever frequented, so I extend my thanks to you and everyone for your contributions as well.
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree this is one of the best forums on the web. I post to a lot of others but this is one that I always come back to while the others drop off to the side.
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That about says it. I come here before going to Drudge Report and
getting the news. Usually most of the stuff that I'm interested in
can be found here and the regular news is just a repeat.

And having lived for 63 years, I have back problems plus a bunch of
other things too. Nothing much to require surgery, but painful none
the less. But I'm still on this side of the grass while a lot of people
that I've known over the years just aren't. So I'm thankful for the
little things.
becca1223
PO3

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a lover of this website too! I come on here several times a day to get the important news. I know my husband is sick of hearing me say, I love the Swift Vets! I say it every time I come on here.

Thank you to all who make this website possible...You are much appreciated!!!!

Since I'm only 37 years young Smile , I don't have any back problems...knock on wood!!

Nutso, I feel for you having to go through some much agony. Best wishes to you!! and...God bless you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: