SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swift Vets & POWs for Truth

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
apollo2011
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Swift Vets & POWs for Truth Reply with quote

I am just curious to know why the Swift Vets supported Kerry from the end of the war to 2002 and what happened in 2002 to get them to change their mind.

Admin note: Topic modified/Me#1
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I served in the same unit (at the swift base at Cat Lo) as Kerry although I missed his tour by a couple of months. While in Viet Nam, I and the other Swifts watched AFVN-TV and caught Kerry's anti-War anti-GI activities on the news while my buddies and I were still actively fighting the VC and NVA. Kerry was a turn coat and proclaimed my fellow Swifts (and me) as having committed war crimes and atrocities. This is something that was false. We could not answer his accusations then, but have hated him ever since. He is no better than that traitor Hanoi Jane Fonda. Our only defender then was John O'Neill. John O'Neil is a great person of high integrity. Kerry is a lying low down rat bastard, who will forever be hated by the Swifts.

We NEVER supported him before 2002 and have not supported him ever. 2002 was just the beginning of Kerry's campaign and this time we could do something about him by stopping him from ever becoming Commander in Chief.

Last edited by BuffaloJack on Sat May 21, 2005 3:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: Swift Vets and POWs for Kerry? Reply with quote

apollo2011 wrote:
I am just curious to know why the Swift Vets supported Kerry from the end of the war to 2002 and what happened in 2002 to get them to change their mind.

A lawyer might say you presume facts not in evidence. Witness Buffalo Jack above which, I'd venture, is typical of a large majority of Vietnam Vets inre Kerry. What is your basis for stating that "the Swift Vets supported Kerry"?

If you're referencing an appearance by George Elliot & Adrian Lonsdale at a Kerry rally in '96, they have stated categorically that the purpose of their appearance was to defend the "Navy", specifically the Swift Boat Veterans, from allegations of "war crimes" leveled against Kerry by his opposition. They were careful to note that their appearance was NOT an endorsement of John Kerry's candidacy. If that doesn't speak to the integrity of these men, I don't know what does.

If you want to know the trigger for the Swift Vet initiative, according to Admiral Hoffmann it was the publication Kerry's "hagiography", "Tour of Duty" by David Brinkley, and the falsehoods it contained that lit the fuse.

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Sat May 21, 2005 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total
coffee
Founder

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10,

Well you certainly sent me to the dictionary with your "hagiography"!! Great word that covers the situation quite well!! I had never heard that word but I'll remember it in the future if I am forced to refer to "Tour of Duty" (which I hope to never mention again).

Coffee
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appollo, to several of us non-Swift Boat Vietnam Veterans, Kerry has been relatively unknown for many years. At the time of his "testimony" and anti-Viet Nam War doings, I was either in Viet Nam or Germany, so didn't get to see news reports of him and his dealings.

We did know that someone went before Congress and lied about us, but didn't know who, since our involvement in Viet Nam ceased before I rotated back to the US in 1974. The 2004 campaign put a face on who it was that degraded all of us and kept the myths of the Viet Nam Veteran going, besides Hanoi Jane and her ilk.

Like many others, I started frequenting this forum and reading about sKerry. I searched everywhere I could for information on him and found that nothing the Swift Boat Vets said was ever refuted, other than sKerry and his minions claiming they were lies, therefore, considered debunked by the Leftstream media.

Searching eBay, I found and purchased a copy of a 1986 book with an article written by sKerry himself in which he claims he wanted nothing to do with the Viet Nam War originally. His position seems to change with the winds.

Reading his accounts of Viet Nam, I wondered just what war he was talking about. He surely wasn't describing the one I was involved in. His accounts read more like what the movies have portrayed, not what I saw and experienced.

Speaking for myself, although a handful of Viet Nam Vets may have supported sKerry over the years, most of us never really knew who he was or had forgotten over three decades. That isn't supporting him, it's just he has been an unknown outside of his home state of Massachussetts. He opened the can of worms himself and we responded, almost 80% of Viet Nam Veterans opposed to him.

We didn't oppose him simply because he was anti-war, but because he is a charlatan who used the anti-war as a stepping stone to a political career and when that failed, laid low and came back as a war hero. His lies caught up to him, thanks to men like John O'Neill and the rest of the Swift Boat Veterans and the vast majority of Viet Nam Veterans responded accordingly.
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite honestly, although I served in the same unit as Kerry, I never met him nor ever remembered his name. He left before I got in-country. What I do remember was being in "the club" with several other guys with the TV on in the background, and one of the swifts saying, "Isn't that Lt. Kerry with those war protesters? One of the other swifts commented "Yeah, I think it is." and we all agreed that he was scum for turning against the GIs. In later months we caught clips of him and John O'Neill on the Dick Cavett show and cheered whenever Lt. O'Neill struck back at him and his false accusations of war crimes and atrocities. You can probably imagine the cheering of a bunch of fellow swifts watching two other swifts on TV locked in a moderated argument with our honor at stake.

When the 2004 election came and Kerry floated up with the sewage, the swifts were no longer in Viet Nam, but could actively come together to make sure that he didn't become president. Kerry was one of our own who has back stabbed us and turned to help the enemy. This was our opportunity to reclaim our honor and prove that the person who had called us war criminals was in fact a lying rat bastard.

John Kerry didn’t get it; the Democrats didn’t get it; and the press didn’t get it. We stood against John Kerry. It had nothing to do with electing a president. It was our opportunity to set the record straight and confront the traitor who has been one of us. No one is as reviled or hated as someone who has turned against those he once shared trust.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with everything you said BuffaloJack and would add two items. First I'm a part of the larger Veteran group who came before and after Veitnam. There are more than 20 million of us, most of whom consider the Swift Boat Veterans brothers and stand with them against this "rat bastard." Secondly, you really must learn to speak right up and say what you mean. Very Happy
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: Re: Swift Vets and POWs for Kerry? Reply with quote

apollo2011 wrote:

Admin note: Topic modified/Me#1

I believe he is talking about the support people gave him in regards with others saying Kerry committed these crimes from the Winter Soldier meeting. We will defend a Swifty against false charges but we will attack a Swifty for making false charges, if that makes sense.
MarineBrat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtboone, Tom Poole, BuffaloJack, LewWaters, coffee, Me#1You#10

You Gentlemen (and Ladies if so) are a national treasure! Thank you so much for what you have done. I have no words strong enough to express my gratefulness for your tireless work both now and in past conflicts!

Your eloquence and honesty shine through, and I am a better American for having found you all!

God Bless you, and all of your compatriots!
Stevie

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarineBrat - I couldn't have said it better myself!

just love these guys!

If I had my way, they'd be statues of all of 'em in a national park!
or maybe in each of their hometowns!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie wrote:
MarineBrat - I couldn't have said it better myself!

just love these guys!

If I had my way, they'd be statues of all of 'em in a national park!
or maybe in each of their hometowns!

Hey, nothing is impossible... and they all deserve recognition!

MJ
apollo2011
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize for not coming back to this post sooner.

I believe that none of Kerry's testimony had anything to do with the current soldiers in Vietnam. Kerry despised the war, not the actual serving military members.

Also, several of them members in the organization have been found in tapes supporting Kerry prior to 2002. Unfortuneately, this has not been covered by the mainstream media.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beg your pardon and don't intend to be rude, but I am startled that after all the revelations and discussion of the last year, some people yet appear to be laboring under misperceptions and errors.

Please read the entirety of John Kerry's testimony before Congress. Please read the substance and text of the speeches he gave as a leader and spokesperson for VVAW. Then please tell me with a straight face that Kerry did not dishonor the individual. Tell me that he did not display a snide disdain for the soldier - real or pretended, he certainly convinced any number of people that our soldiers were "monsters." (HIS OWN WORD!)

If you need more substantiation that what you have already been given, I'd suspect that you're a Kerry supporter.

No problem. I'd suggest that if that is the case that you shake the dust from your shoes and depart in peace.

If you want the truth, it's here. It's been hashed and rehashed many times.

If you want to support a liar, coward, fraud and traitor, then the media has certainly done its best to support your political ideology for the last year.

The notion that the media has not covered even the minutest scrap of information that would have been helpful to John Kerry is completely risible in itself.

And what they couldn't dig up, they made up.

Have a great day!
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kerry despised the war

Apollo, I am of the opinion, based on Kerry's testimony and claims over several years, that he was actually ambivalent towards the war in Viet Nam. He was speaking against the war before he ever entered into the military. At the same time, he expressed a desire to one day become POTUS.

Last year, he again ran for an election as a "War Hero," something he obviously is not. His own words in the book, A War Remembered, part of the Vietnam Experience series by Time Life, he said he wanted to stay out of it and only asked for Swift Boats because they were doing off shore patrolling for smugglers, in other words, light duty.

As for not being against those of us who did full tours and more, I beg to disagree. John Kerry told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee: "yes, there will be some recrimination, but far, far less than the 200,000 a year who are murdered by the United States of America." (See page 190 of the transcript of his entire testimony). Think about it, who would those committing murder be? It can be no other but the Soldiers, Marines, Sailors and Airmen serving in Viet Nam.

In the same testimony, he also stated: "The country doesn't know it yet, but it has created a monster, a monster in the form of millions of men who have been taught to deal and to trade in violence, and who are given the chance to die for the biggest nothing in history;." Again, who are the monsters but those of us who were serving there?

He went on to say, "As a veteran and one who feels this anger, I would like to talk about it. We are angry because we feel we have been used in the worst fashion by the administration of this country." This was said in 1971, towards the end of our involvment in Viet Nam by the Nixon Administration (R) gradually turning it back over to the South Vietnamese. No claim as this was ever uttered by Kerry pertaining to the Johnson Administration (D) getting us involved in the first place. As you know, Kerry also falls within the political designation of (D).

At this same "hearing," John O'Neill also showed up to give testimony. He wasn't allowed. Kerry was in country for approximately 4 months, O'Neill at least 12 months and I believe even longer. Who should have been more prepared to express anger, Kerry or O'Neill?

And now, Kerry is a War Hero of what he declared "the biggest nothing in history?" Sorry, but you can't have it both ways, as he has.
apollo2011
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Deleted by Admin-me#1)

Like we didn't know that was coming?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: