SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Combat the Moonbats SAT MAY 21, noon Seattle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wpage
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Combat the Moonbats SAT MAY 21, noon Seattle Reply with quote

Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:23 pm Post subject: Combat the Moonbats May 21st, 2005 Seattle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.blackfive.net/main/2005/05/moonbat_protest.html

Quote:
Combat the Moonbats
I/We could use some help from some Seattle area folks. There is a anti-military protest planned for Saturday, May 21st, at Sergeant First Class Due's recruiting station.
I'll give the details from the moonbats, and then I'll explain how you may be able to help.

First, here's some interesting info from Peace and Justice Events Seattle:

=============================================
**SAT MAY 21, noon, at Central District Military Recruiting Station, Promenade Shopping Center, 2301 S. Jackson St., Suite 205 near Starbucks and the Red Apple grocery store, Seattle; Join us for a National Day of Protest to say No More Military Lies! STOP MILITARY RECRUITMENT IN OUR SCHOOLS! Money for Jobs and Education, Not War! End the racist poverty draft! Bring the troops home now! In response to widespread media exposure of military recruiter improprieties, fraud, and coercion, the military has been forced to declare a one-day national stoppage of military recruitment this Friday, May 20. Military commanders will use this day to retrain their nearly 8,000 recruiters not to bend the rules to trick young people to join the military. Military commanders claim that the recruiters who have been caught lying red- handed are just a few bad apples. Yet many recruiters themselves, speaking anonymously to the media, have admitted to the systemic nature of recruiters' manipulative, dishonest, high-pressure tactics. info http://www.yawr.org or 206-293-8389 or ramykhalil@hotmail.com
===============================================

Hopefully, this will be a peaceful event. I support everyone's right to protest as long as that protest does not result in violence, destruction of property, or the suppresion of the right of free speech of others (which occured when the bullies drove SFC Due and SFC Washington out of the community college).

The Recruiting Station will close because of the protest (not for training as is implied) so the protest has already acheived it's intended goal.

However, I think it might be a good idea for observers to witness the behavior of the protesters (from a safe distance might be best). If someone could videotape the event, I think you might find that after the event someone might want a tape of the "activities" - especially, if there is damage to the Recruiting Station.

I would also add this might be dangerous - infiltrating something like this might get your equipment damaged or you injured or you might get lice from the Moonbats - so be very courteous and very, very careful. For example, if the protest turns ugly and you've made a successful infil, police might mistake you for a moonbat and blast you with pepper spray. Make sure you have a planned route for egress, friends know where you are, cell phone charged, etc.
NYCnative
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The protesters can't get it through their heads that people can make up thier own minds and make their own life decisions.

It is the Vietnam era mentality and don't they realize that if they interfere with recruiting it is THEY that put the volunteer military in jeopardy? They should think about what they are doing and I would ask them if they want a draft. Freedom of speech includes the freedom for our armed services to discuss a career with people who are interested.

"Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof." -Inscription on the Liberty Bell
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: