SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nick Berg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Nick Berg Reply with quote

Did anyone else notice that the MSM largely ignored the aniversary of Nick Berg's beheading on video? This was the beginning of the insurgent's tactic of beheading American civilians on video. Abu Ghraib is still grabbing headlines even though it is a 2 year old story. I suppose that they felt it might have made the outrage over the Koran flushing seem trivial in comparison to the aniversary of the comencement of innocent Americans being butchered like hogs on TV.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was not ignored here where the Berg family lives. In fact his sister made a comment 180 degrees opposed to what his father has said and it was ignored. The dad is an Ultra-lib pacifist who still thinks the terrorists are just misunderstood. The sister belives the terrorists need to be held accountable. I guess the MSM is done with them. Not news anymore.
NYCnative
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad noone hears from the sister. It would be good if she would be willing to go on Hannity and talk about how the media had forgotten and how she is not a terrorist sypmathizer.

"Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof." -Inscription on the Liberty Bell
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scotty61 wrote
Quote:
I suppose that they felt it might have made the outrage over the Koran flushing seem trivial in comparison to the aniversary of the comencement of innocent Americans being butchered like hogs on TV.

You nailed it, Scotty!!!

They are so busy accusing our troops of targeting journalists that they have forgotten that it was the TERRORISTS who butchered one of their own!!

I, for one, will ALWAYS remember the horror I felt at the barbaric death of Nick Berg.
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can you compare a beheading to a terrorist wearing a hat made of womens underwear..
GM Strong

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their evil is below barbaric. Civilized society has an obligation to confront them and eliminate them. That's it.
Army_(Ret)
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawa wrote:
scotty61 wrote
Quote:
I suppose that they felt it might have made the outrage over the Koran flushing seem trivial in comparison to the aniversary of the comencement of innocent Americans being butchered like hogs on TV.

You nailed it, Scotty!!!

They are so busy accusing our troops of targeting journalists that they have forgotten that it was the TERRORISTS who butchered one of their own!!

I, for one, will ALWAYS remember the horror I felt at the barbaric death of Nick Berg.

Yes, I felt horrible too, I saw the whole tape later. What angered me was when the MSM made it "look like" they were the ones who told his father. As if he didn't know why there was a media antenna farm camped out on his front lawn, then he actually went through the motions of "just findin out" with his bicycle helmet on. Even the press follows their own rule about not releasing the names of recently deceased until next of kin are notified first. But the public is supposed to be stupid and believe that kind of dribble, all for the hatred of the Bush Administration.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that bothers me about the Nick Berg tragedy is that his parents have focused blame on the Bush administration. His father is very verbal about it. In my opinion it tarnishes his son's memory. If I were looking for someone to blame I first would blame the lunatics that wielded the machete, and then I would blame CBS for it's relentless intent to undermine our efforts in Iraq, successfully getting the Abu Ghraib prison story published just in time to give Zarqawi a platform to behead my son. As he personally cut off his head, he announced that it was revenge for that. By now I would have found a lawyer willing to sue CBS for libel. Newsweek's recent terrible blunder would only be strengthening my case.
GM Strong

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Berg parents live in the PC University town of West Chester. They are still holding Saturday War Protests at the courthouse last I saw. They do not live in a real world.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: