SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So now wadda we do? – SF 180
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: So now wadda we do? – SF 180 Reply with quote

So now wadda we do? – SF 180

Geez! I haven’t been on this forum since December. I announce than I am coming after Kerry about the SF 180 on Monday and
the next day he signs the form. Hmmmm?

http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=150489#150489

Ok, well I didn't really have magical powers anyway. I need a new
direction to my project. I was taken aback for a moment by not knowing
what to do next.

This Kerry tactic is more clever than usual. Someone in Kerry’s camp guessed there was a --it storm coming over the 180 and like a good matador Kerry sidestepped by singing the form.

He may have signed the form, but I'll bet it still hasn't been sent to
NARA. I'd also bet he's going to "sanitize" the documents if/when he
gets them. The only way this would work properly is if he were to
authorize NARA to give the docs directly to the media - he will never do
that.

Now the emphasis is on getting an unedited full disclosure. We need a
new question to ask Kerry. Will there be an unedited full disclosure
of Kerry's military records? Or, will Kerry authorize the direct
release of his records to the media?

Sam
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://slate.com/id/2113951/

Mickey Kaus thinks we should demand more than Kerry’s SF-180:

How to get John Kerry off the national stage before he wastes any more of his party’s energy? One promising solution, already discussed, is Form 180, which would authorize press access to Kerry’s complete military record.

But what about Kerry’s complete Vietnam diaries? As far as I know, he hasn’t released them either. He’s only given access to publicity-addled historian Douglas Brinkley, who has quoted from them. Democrats who don’t want to be Swift-boated again have every reason to demand full press access to the Viet-era diaries. Or do you trust Brinkley to have published the most significant damaging nuggets? … P.S.: Don’t wait for Hillary Clinton to fire off either of these silver bullets. If she’s smart, Hillary doesn’t want Kerry out of the presidential race. Until January, 2008, he’s her best friend–an easily-beatable foil who takes up precious media space that other, more formidable challengers might otherwise make good use of.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But what about Kerry’s complete Vietnam diaries?

Sam, there is some info in these discusssions below from theForumArchives

> See these two topics under General

http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=137601#137601
UNO Acquires John Kerry's Vietnam Journals

http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=46481#46481
Kerry biographer, Douglas Brinkley (no exclusivity agreement)
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see his FBI Files.
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hillary has his FBI files.

Twisted Evil
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1991932 wrote:
Hillary has his FBI files.

Twisted Evil

There was no Smile behind this post so I assume you meant it to be literally true.

Would you please amplify?

Sam
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam -

That was a lame attempt at a joke.

FBI files...Craig Livingstone...Hillary...

The truth is out there somewhere.

I'm sorry that I had neither the sense of blog etiquette nor the smarts to carry it off.
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your first attempt didn't get a laugh, but your "retraction" sure did.

I didn't know things had slowed down so much here. But, what did I expect? I didn't stick around after the election either. Cincinatus revisited.

I am fired up again about the SF 180 issue and I will have my ducks in a row to take another swing at Kerry very soon.

Of course, I will keep SBPT informed.

Sam
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this over at Free Republic:
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/1414769/posts

So I guess he signed it but the public can't see it?
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite obviously the referenced article is tongue-in-cheek...but funny anyway.
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"For now, the vicious Swift Boat Veterans will just have to play a waiting game."

Wait, hell. I'm going to stalk the prey relentlessly. Those who wait starve.

Good satire. Problem is some people don't "get" satire.

Sam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Navy has Kerry's records. My question is what is in those records that they must be concealed?
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes M'am.

The elephant in the newsroom is why has it been so much trouble getting the records. If there wasn't something to hide the obvious solution to Kerry’s problem is to expedite full disclosure.

Several big name media journalists have cornered Kerry about the SF 180 over the last year and still no full disclosure.

I ask a serious question; is there a rational alternative to the conclusion that Kerry is hiding something? Hiding something so important he has allowed this issue to dog him for more than a year, when full release of the records would have stopped the issue in its tracks.

I think that what is in those records will stop Kerry in his tracks. Of course he is stonewalling.

Still **ssed off at Kerry,
Sam
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I am stirring the pot again. This is my first draft of a generic letter to media, elected officials, blogs, etc. I would appreciate comments and editorial suggestions.

Thanks,

Sam

Little Acorns and Mighty Oaks

I contributed a little acorn to the 2004 election. I use the acorn metaphor because the outcome of what I did seemed to take on a life of its own and grew beyond any of my expectations. In fact the ripples continue to this day.

A brief history of my experience begins in August of 2004. A friend sent me an email about the SwiftVets. I am a Navy veteran so I took a look. It soon became obvious to me that John Kerry was hiding something about his military experience, so I decided to look at the records Kerry allowed to be published on his campaign web site.

I discovered something I wasn’t seeking. I found John Kerry’s IQ score. I am a Mensa member. I joined Mensa based on my Navy test scores so I knew how to interpret Kerry’s record. My very next thought was to speculate that Bush might be brighter than Kerry and that I could prove it with military IQ scores.

After lengthy research and lots of help from IQ experts I proved my point. Kerry had an IQ between 115 and 120. Bush had an IQ between 125 and 130.

The story was then published on the web. http://www.vdare.com/sailer/kerry_iq_lower.htm That is the essence of my acorn contribution to the 2004 election.

My acorn must have fallen on fertile ground because the New York Times picked up the story and now the whole world knows that Bush is smarter than Kerry. http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/24/politics/campaign/24points.html

“Wow!” I said to myself. Talk about maximum effect for minimum effort! But, the acorn just kept growing.

Meanwhile, William Middendorf, former secretary of the Navy, urged Kerry to open up his personnel files to resolve the question of whether the Democratic presidential nominee received a less-than-honorable discharge from the Navy.

In August, the Kerry campaign insisted that all of the senator's Navy records had been released, with the exception of medical papers.
"Senator Kerry's entire military service record is posted on JohnKerry.com. His entire record," said communications adviser Michael Meehan in an attempt to defend Kerry against charges he didn't deserve his three Purple Hearts, a Bronze Star and a Silver Star.

But the Washington Post and others reported that at least 100 pages were still under wraps and that Kerry would need to file a Form 180 to grant permission for full release of his records.

Kerry, however, seemed to contradict his campaign's position in late October, just a week before the election, when he told NBC's Tom Brokaw his military record "is not public." NBC, in fact, edited out that particular comment after including it in a previous version of an interview.

BROKAW: Someone has analyzed the president's military aptitude tests and yours, and concluded that he has a higher IQ than you do.
KERRY: That's great. More power. I don't know how they've done it, because my record is not public. So I don't know where you're getting that from.

So now my little acorn had gotten Kerry to admit on NBC news that he had not made his military records public after claiming to have posted his “entire record” on his web site. Soon after Chris Matthews, and Don Imus tried to get Kerry to address the SF 180 issue.
Finally, after the election in January, Kerry told ''Meet the Press" host Tim Russert he would sign the form.

RUSSERT: Many people who've been criticizing you have said: Senator, if you would just do one thing and that is sign Form 180, which would allow historians and journalists complete access to all your military records. Thus far, you have gotten the records, released them through your campaign. They say you should not be the filter. Sign Form 180 and let the historians .
.. .
KERRY: I’d be happy to put the records out. We put all the records out that I had been sent by the military. Then at the last moment, they sent some more stuff, which had some things that weren't even relevant to the record. So when we get – I'm going to sit down with them and make sure that they are clear and I am clear as to what is in the record and what isn't in the record and we'll put it out. I have no problem with that.

RUSSERT: Would you sign Form 180?

KERRY: But everything, Tim…

RUSSERT: Would you sign Form 180?

KERRY: Yes, I will.

Hey! This acorn is becoming a tree. Of course, Kerry is still dodging and weaving. His latest dodge was with the Boston Globe in May of 2005.

MISSION: IMPLAUSIBLE
Kerry signs release
of Navy records
But senator offers more
'dodges and digressions'
After more than a year of pressure, Sen. John Kerry says he has signed an official form to release Navy records that became a source of controversy in the 2004 presidential campaign.

Kerry told Boston Globe editorial writers and columnists the Standard Form 180 will be sent to the Navy within a few days.
''I have signed it," Kerry said, according to Globe columnist Joan Vennochi, who noted the senator added that his staff was ''still going through it" and ''very, very shortly, you will have a chance to see it."

But Vennochi wrote that after the interview, Kerry's communications director, David Wade, was asked to clarify when the senator signed SF 180 and when public access would be granted. "The devil is usually in the details," Vennochi wrote. "With Kerry, it's also in the dodges and digressions."

After the interview, she said, "Kerry drifted over to join the conversation, immediately raising the confusion level. He did not answer the question of when he signed the form or when the entire record will be made public."
Vennochi pressed the issue with Wade, and after several e-mails, said Kerry obtained a copy of Form 180 last Friday and signed it.

''The next step is to send it to the Navy, which will happen in the next few days," Wade said. "The Navy will then send out the records."

Kerry's records became a campaign issue after more than 260 Vietnam veterans who served in his swiftboat section launched an effort to counter many of the senator's claims about his war service.
The Kerry campaign largely avoided responding to specific charges and instead threatened lawsuits against the television stations that aired ads by the former colleagues, organized as Swift Boat Veterans for Truth. The senator's campaign also demanded publisher Regnery pull best-seller "Unfit for Command," attacked the character of co-authors John O'Neill and Jerome Corsi, and accused the group of being run by the Republican Party.

Mainstream media repeated the assertion that the claims against Kerry were debunked, without providing evidence. Those who offered evidence contended the military's records supported Kerry's version of events, often without mentioning the swiftboat vets' assertion that it was Kerry himself who wrote the "official record" in many instances, in after-action reports.

Why has it been so much trouble getting Kerry’s military records? That is the elephant in the newsroom that nobody is talking about. If there wasn't something to hide, the obvious solution to Kerry’s problem is to expedite full disclosure.

Several big name media journalists have cornered Kerry about the SF 180 over the last year and still no full disclosure.

I ask a serious question; is there a rational alternative to the conclusion that Kerry is hiding something? Hiding something so important he has allowed this issue to dog him for more than a year, when full release of the records would have stopped the issue in its tracks.

I think that what is in those records will stop Kerry in his tracks. Of course he is stonewalling. This could be one of the biggest stories of 2005. “The Acorn Who Ate a Presidential Candidate”

I will cooperate and work with any principled journalist who can see that there is a story here.

For background information search Google: sam sewell IQ Kerry bush

Sam Sewell

Last edited by Aristotle The Hun on Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Sam that covers it all and is excellent, and I believe that is an understatement! This is just superb. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: