SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interesting coincidence?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JackMcC
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Interesting coincidence? Reply with quote

I suspect that this is relevant. You may not like parts of what I am about to write, but I ask you to reserve judgment against a man whom I know to be a good man, even if he did things when he was young that I don't like.I am going to keep his particulars confidential, and ask that you respect this and not try to find out who he is.

A man I have known my entire life passed away several months ago. He is a veteran of the Vietnam War, and joined the VVAW after his tour of duty. Though his opinions would not be a popular one on this message board, he felt morally justified in protesting the war.

Because of his anti-war activities (which were far less than those of Senator Kerry) while still on reserve status, he did fail to receive an honorable discharge. He has never denied this fact to friends and family...in fact to a degree he is proud of it because it shows that he took a principled stand and was willing to pay a price for it. In any event, he did eventually receive an honorable discharge under President’ Carter’s amnesty program in 1978.

Here’s the interesting part: The date of his honorable discharge (16-Feb-1978) is identical to the date of John Kerry’s discharge. Several years after both men left the Naval reserves, they happened to be issued a discharge on the same date. And in the case of one of the two, it was a upgrade to an honorable discharge.

In my mind, this cannot be a coincidence. I can only assume that on this date the appropriate military personnel must have met to review those veterans of Vietnam who received an other than honorable discharge and awarded some of them an honorable discharge. This does not prove that this is what happened to Kerry…but it certainly is a really strange coincidence if not.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never fault someone for standing on principle, as long as it really is a principle, something I suspect sKerry doesn't know the meaning of. However, in my mind, once a less than honorable was received, especially one that was carried as a badge of honor, asking for an upgrade to honorable lessens that principled stand.

That being said, the loss of your friend is still a sad one. What made him go this route is his business.

As for the dates, yes, it's not proof, but it sure does look suspicious. Of course, all this questioning could be put to rest if sKerry ever actually signed a full 180 and released his full records to public scrutiny. I won't hold my breath on him ever doing that.

With sKerry, it's one smokescreen after another.
Essayons
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree 100% with Lew.

JackMcC:

Since your friend seemed to have a similar background to Kerry there is definitely some of his Navy paperwork that would be of interest. Possibly his family would cooperate with you in getting to us redacted (name, address, Serial Number/SSAN) copies of a few documents he received from the Navy.

The 16 FEB 1978 letter from the board of officers AND his Honorable Discharge Certificate would be of extreme interest. There are others.

You did not mention whether your friend was an officer or enlisted.

You did state: “Because of his anti-war activities (which were far less than those of Senator Kerry) while still on reserve status, he did fail to receive an honorable discharge.” The question is what did he receive from the Navy about his anti-war activities, if anything, and when?

Hopefully his family will cooperate but if not, I had to ask the question.

Regards,
Dick
MarineBrat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your friend is a man of principals then he will get an even shake here.

I have a very dear friend who's a teacher. He's a left wing atheist who was a diesel mechanic on a small rivercraft in Vietnam. (Not a Swift Boat) When he returned from Vietnam he mailed his military ribbons and medals to Richard M. Nixon, 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington, DC., with a letter explaining his stance against having troops in Vietnam. He and I disagree vehamently about politics, and our friendship has even been rocked somewhat by this election, but I do respect that he sent his medals and ribbons back because he would never wear them today for any reason, as a matter of principal.

The fact that Kerry "wears" his medals today is indicative of a man who's all image and no substance.

Actually, I have a feeling that some of the revelations that have been uncovered about the left during this last election just might sway this friend of mine towards the light. I'm praying!
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plot thins significantly. I wonder if there is any record of exactly how many discharges were issued on 16 Feb. 1978? That may well be a matter of public record available from the Navy. It might be worth researching.
JackMcC, thank you very much for that information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: