SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry: I Have Reread New Testament

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Kerry: I Have Reread New Testament Reply with quote

Are we to now believe he has found religion?

Quote:
Kerry: I Have Reread New Testament

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 9:04 a.m. EDT

Former Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry, who lost this crucial swing state in November, sounded Friday as if he were still stumping for Florida's votes.

The Massachusetts senator, at a National Head Start Association conference to tout his plan to provide health care for uninsured children, hammered on familiar themes of values and unity while repeatedly criticizing the Bush administration and Republican leaders in Congress.

"I went back and reread the whole New Testament the other day. Nowhere in the three-year ministry of Jesus Christ did I find a suggestion at all, ever, anywhere, in any way whatsover, that you ought to take the money from the poor, the opportunities from the poor and give them to the rich people," Kerry said.

READ MORE

I have to ask, just who is it taking from the poor for the rich? Last I heard, it was Democrats jacking up gas taxes, tobacco taxes and alcohol taxes, all placing a discriminatory tax on the poor among us since they use these items more than the more affluent.

Same old tired lies of Republicans stealing from the poor to make the rich even richer. Somehow, collecting welfare sitting in a ghetto doesn't seem to present many opportunities to me. Working does.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a crock! "Patriotism, the last refuge of a scondrel." didn't work last time. Let's wrap our(imperial)selves in the 'children'. No uninsured children are turned away from medical care in this country and property owners and workers pay for it. Who the hell is he talking to? ....well, when I think about it everyone I've ever seen cry about health care was morbidly obese and it was someone else's fault. I want them to support me...RIGHT! In former years they would have voted for Merv Griffin, or Phil Donoghue.

-Wlm Shakespeare
manelly
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Kerry needs to Re-Read it again
Very Happy This time right -side -UP Razz
susanlprince
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mark 12:43-45

"Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on."

Luke 21:3-5

"I tell you the truth," he said, "this poor widow has put in more than all the others. All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on."

Everyone is to give when there is need. Where is it in scripture that one is commanded to sit around and receive handouts from the government?

That John Kerry, he just doesn't get it, and it's interesting how he misuses scripture to support whatever the heck he feels like saying. Jesus warned us against people like him!

PRAISE GOD JOHN KERRY IS NOT OUR PRESIDENT!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 Thessalonians 3:7-10

..We were not idle when we were with you, nor did we eat anyone's food without paying for it. On the contrary, we worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you. We did this, not because we do not have the right to such help, but in order to make ourselves a model for you to follow. For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man does not work, he shall not eat."
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armybrat/Armymom wrote:
2 Thessalonians 3:7-10

..We were not idle when we were with you, nor did we eat anyone's food without paying for it. On the contrary, we worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you. We did this, not because we do not have the right to such help, but in order to make ourselves a model for you to follow. For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man does not work, he shall not eat."

There is a lazar straight moral imperative at the center of all being. If one strays from the path of that moral imperative one will experience pain. Dependency is very painful.

Sam
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised that sKerry didn't claim to have WRITTEN the New Testament...

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
susanlprince
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm surprised that sKerry didn't claim to have WRITTEN the New Testament...

Really! At least the book of John!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must have missed how much of the Heinz fortune that was donated to the poor. I guess I've also missed the part where Kerry actually gets off his 'reporting for duty' stump and does something for the poor. Canned speech? Sounds a bit like a 'seared...seared' laugher that we all heard on his comedy tour.

He says he read the entire New Testament the other day. Man, not only is he the fastest man alive at claiming medals, he does pretty well with speed reading.

The legend bumbles on................
MassInd
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He read the entire New Testament in one day???Rolling Eyes

Maybe he should read it slower next time. He doesn't seem like he got the moral of the story.

p.s. ( Send it in when you sign it.)

"This is the best election night in history." --DNC chairman Terry McAuliffe, 2 November 2004, just before 8pm EST
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: