SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If Dems don't like tax cuts, they could just pay more

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tanya
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: If Dems don't like tax cuts, they could just pay more Reply with quote

http://www.suntimes.com/output/otherviews/cst-edt-ref18.html

June 18, 2005

BY DEROY MURDOCK

~snip~
"I don't need a tax cut,'' Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J.) announced on the Senate floor. ''It will not do me any more good. I can't buy more. I can't eat any more. I can't do more, and I want it distributed among the ordinary people who work every day.''

*''If you think it's good policy to pay for my tax cut with the Social Security checks of working men and women and borrowed money from China, vote for them [the GOP],'' former President Bill Clinton told the Democratic Convention.

*''I am a traitor to my class,'' actor Paul Newman said. ''I think that tax cuts for wealthy thugs like me are borderline criminal. I live very high off the hog.''

*''I want no tax cuts and want to pay MY FULL SHARE of taxes to support the public good,'' Oregonian Harry Demarest stated on the Web site of United for a Fair Economy, an anti-tax-cut group co-founded by Chuck Collins, heir to the Oscar Meyer wiener fortune.

The H.O.T. Tax would ease all this pain. The IRS would add a small box to the 1040 tax form beside these words: ''If you believe you should be taxed at a rate above that assigned to your income bracket, please indicate here the higher rate you prefer. Kindly calculate your tax liability, and send it in.''

With that easy step, congressional liberals and residents of Malibu and Martha's Vineyard no longer would have to keep the tax cuts conservatives keep throwing their way. Instead, they could send 50, 75 or even 99 percent of their incomes to Washington so the GOP Congress and President Bush can spend it even better than they can."

Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: