SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hillary in the Situation Room

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Hillary in the Situation Room Reply with quote

As I listened this morning to the account of a U2 photo plane being down in "southwest Asia" with the loss of the pilot, my mind strayed to a scenario in which the U2 was down in a hostile place and the pilot survived.

The White House Situation Room prepares the place with all the briefing charts, satellite photos, and lists of options. The recommendation of the National Security Advisor and the Chairman, Joint Chiefs, is to 1) rescue the pilot and, 2) bomb the wreckage of the U2 to destroy the intel-gathering equipment before it falls into the hands of the enemy. It is acknowledged that the airspace intrusion to accomplish the mission, as well as the bombing, would be regarded as an act of war by the country involved. All is ready and in walks Hillary Rodham Clinton, forty-fourth President of the United States and her Chief of Staff, Sydney Blumenthal.

President Clinton is remembered as the person who, as she and her husband (#42) first occupied the White House, noticed a military uniform and decreed that no military uniforms would be allowed in the White House. She is also the person who, at that time, decreed that anyone seeing her in the West Wing should duck into the nearest office and not emerge until she had passed. And, if anyone couldn't make it to an office, they were to avoid eye contact with her at all costs.

Now, in the basement Situation Room, a pilot's life is at stake, compromise of sensitive intel equipment is probable and it will take an act of war to solve the problem.

At that point, my nightmare ended without resolution leaving me with a state of depression which has lasted all day. I'll never know how it turned out because the dream cannot be continued tonight.

Besides, the possibility that this woman should ever be in such a position is a nightmare in it's own right.

Schadow
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capt., this dream should remain as such and never become real. this Red Queen as I call her is to be feared and opposed. Salute. Smile Smile
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow Schadow, chilling thoughts....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: