SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Intolerance at AllState Insurance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Intolerance at AllState Insurance Reply with quote

J. Matt Barber, a notable contributor to The American Thinker, has been fired from his job at Allstate Insurance, for writing an article expressing his religiously-based views, done on his own time and on his own computer.

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=44961

Quote:
LAW OF THE LAND
Allstate terminates manager over homosexuality column
On own time, man posted anti-'gay' article insurance giant says didn't reflect its values

Tolerance is apparently a one way street
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tolerance means you blindly accept any and everything the looney left says is right. To be tolerant of the right is to be intolerant, to them.

When it comes to Conservatives, according to the looney left, we are repealing all of the rights of the country. Yet, when it comes to censorship and denying property rights as well as several other personal rights granted us by the Bill of Rights, it's the looney left again leading the charge to eliminate them.

If you want to be on their really bad guy list, just be a white heterosexual male, sipping a beer while smoking a cigar, leaning against your SUV on your own property with both a "W in 04" sticker and an NRA decal in the windows. Oh yes, don't forget to be grilling 100% beef burgers on your charcoal grill too.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:

If you want to be on their really bad guy list, just be a white heterosexual male, sipping a beer while smoking a cigar, leaning against your SUV on your own property with both a "W in 04" sticker and an NRA decal in the windows. Oh yes, don't forget to be grilling 100% beef burgers on your charcoal grill too.

You are talking about me here and I'm proud of it, substitute an Eagle Scout sticker for the NRA though. I better get myself and NRA one. What's more I do pork ribs with a flair and I also do chili. All the best American cuisine. Bet there isn't a Liberal around who can beat that. Hah!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
According to an investigation by the state of Illinois' Department of Employment Security related to Barber's claim for unemployment benefits, an organization – likely a "gay"-rights group – complained to Allstate about the column. But how did the group connect Barber to the insurance company? It turns out one site that posted the column, MensNewsDaily.com, added to the bio line on the article the fact that Barber worked for Allstate.

This is absurd. The fact that MensNewsDaily.com added the bio line is no excuse for them firing him or anyone else who chooses to write or articulate their personal views off work time, on their own time, on their own computer.

We all make choices, but Barber did nothing wrong in sharing his views. We may not agree with one another outside the work place, but this had nothing to do with his work place.

I am not slighting this in any way, but it has become so sick that when people go on job interviews they are now required by some firms to answer questions such as if they drink or smoke.

Personally if it is outside your place of work, and you did not involve them and follow the workplace rules, what you do in private, even if it becomes public is no reason or excuse to fire anyone.

Very sad. The guy has an uphill battle, my home state is Illinois and I can tell you they are very liberal and very hateful towards anything religously oriented or conservative in values, morals, and opinions. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: