SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New York Times still bagging Swiftvets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: New York Times still bagging Swiftvets Reply with quote

Still calling us fabricators but won't chase down the story of Kerry's 180.
NY Times
note: URL changed to hypertext to eliminate horizontal scroll/me#1

Politicians who dive into this game by putting on their own reality shows think they are being very clever. But like Mr. Cruise, they're being busted by a backlash. John Kerry was the first to feel it: his stagy military pageant, complete with salute, at the Democratic National Convention came off as so phony that the greater (but more subtle) fictions of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth struck many as relatively real by comparison.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry...given the source, this is almost astonishing. SVPT has progressed to now being categorized as purveyors of a "subtle fiction" as opposed to being outright contemptible liars (not that the NYT has the journalistic basis for making EITHER assertion).

I'll chalk this up to ONE thing...and I read ANYTHING emanating from left wing media inre Kerry through the dominant filter of their bias for Hillary Clinton. If/when a Kerry/Clinton choice should come to fruition, they will send Kerry back "downriver" in a NY minute.

on edit: I noted this is a Frank Rich piece...not an editorial, but close enough for me
Elton W. Hight
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Deleted by Admin/me#1)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: