SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Durbin Targeted in New TV Ad Campaign >Tortured Words

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:48 am    Post subject: Durbin Targeted in New TV Ad Campaign >Tortured Words Reply with quote

Press release
Quote:
TORTURED WORDS:

SENATOR DICK DURBIN
TARGETED IN NEW TV AD CAMPAIGN

Durbin’s Non-Apology is NOT ACCEPTED By Pro-Troop Organization

(SACRAMENTO)- The non-profit group that supports our troops and the war against terrorism, Move America Forward (website: www.MoveAmericaForward.org ) , has released a new ad that defends U.S. Troops from attacks made against them by misguided U.S. Senator, Dick Durbin (Democrat-Illinois).

Move America Forward will being broadcasting the ad on Monday of next week – the 4th of July – on national cable news networks (such as Fox News Channel, CNN, Headline News) and on major network affiliates (such as ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX) in Durbin’s home state of Illinois.

<snip>

“Senator Durbin seems intent on undermining public support for our troops and their missions in Iraq and Afghanistan. His conduct is inexcusable and he must be held accountable for his abhorrent behavior,” said Melanie Morgan, Co-Chair of Move America Forward.

“Senator Durbin’s non-apology is not accepted,” Morgan added.

….more

VideoLink or use the above links
that’s Denzel Washington with some troops in the closing frame

have a great 4th of July Dickie Cool
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This reminds me of another group that came to protect America and denounce lies and BS?

SACRAMENTO)- The non-profit group that supports our troops and the war against terrorism, Move America Forward (website: www.MoveAmericaForward.org ) , has released a new ad that defends U.S. Troops from attacks made against them by misguided U.S. Senator, Dick Durbin (Democrat-Illinois).
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first donation is in. I hope the rest of the blame America first crowd stands up and takes notice. Perhaps this will serve as a virtual mussel. I can hear the MSM spin now. Oh another group like those Swift Vet guys. Batten down the hatches I smell a fire storm brewing and another waive of attacks headed this way.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Durbin Targeted in New TV Ad Campaign >Tortured Words Reply with quote

Quote:
that’s Denzel Washington with some troops in the closing frame

Yes it is, and what a true patriot he is. Here are some the photos, one of which was probably used in the video as well as the story behind them.

Quote:
Don't know whether you heard about this but Denzel was visiting Brooks Army Medical Center (BAMC), in San Antonio,Texas the other day. This is where soldiers that have been evacuated from Germany come to be hospitalized in the States, especially burn victims. They have buildings there called Fisher Houses. The Fisher House is a hotel where soldiers' families can stay, for little or no charge, while their soldier is staying in the hospital. BAMC has quite a few of these houses on base but as you can imagine, they are almost completely filled most of the time.
While Denzel Washington was visiting BAMC, they gave him a tour of one of the Fisher Houses. He asked how much one of them would cost to build. He took his check book out and wrote a check for the full amount right there on the spot. The soldiers overseas were amazed to hear this story and want to get the word out to the American public, because it warmed their hearts to hear it. (I hope you will spread this story.)

SBD
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are on to them and now we have the new media to combat them. Those of us who are old enough understand the damage that was done when the likes of Durbin spoke this trash during the Vietnam War. I see it as my duty to act when these tactics of 35 years ago raise their ugly head. The new media is only as good as those willing to spend the time and money to leverage it. Please get involved in drumming Durbin out of office.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: