SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wes Clark petition to investigate Prisoner Abuse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manelly
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Wes Clark petition to investigate Prisoner Abuse Reply with quote

http://ga4.org/campaign/prisonerabuse/6853832h558tw6
Quote:
The time has come to investigate the Bush Administration's role in the prisoner abuse and humiliation that has motivated our enemies in the war on terror and endangers the well-being of our fighting forces.Rolling Eyes

Petition
Quote:
Chairman Warner:

I urge you to investigate the Bush Administration's role in the prisoner abuse and humiliation that has motivated our enemies in the war on terror and endangers the well-being of our fighting forces.

Today, the reports of abuse and humiliation at detainment facilities in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Cuba are distracting the world from focusing on winning the war on terror. Although the military chain of command seems to have properly investigated the role of its personnel and held accountable those in the wrong, the civilian leadership in this country has failed to do the same.Rolling Eyes

I don't understand why FOX hired this guy Confused
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how can a guy like this rise to such a position in the military? How did he convince people he was loyal to this country, and willing to do what it takes to protect it? Makes me furious.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The time has come to investigate the Bush Administration's role in the prisoner abuse and humiliation that has motivated our enemies in the war on terror and endangers the well-being of our fighting forces.

What is motivating the enemy, is actions like Clark's. Now the enemy has another item to add to their collection of propaganda that will be used for recruitment of future terrorists. I can see the jihad recruiter now saying to a new recruit "see this article even one of their top Generals is asking for the president of the U.S. to be investigated for the torture of your jihad brothers". Where have our back bones gone. Up until about 4/22/71 no one with any credibility would make such statements and if they did all hell would break loose. Perhaps that is the problem all hell didn't break loose, in the wake of Kerry's 4/22/71 speech and since then it has been open season for the blame America first crowd. It is time for all hell to break loose and let FOX News know that they are contributing to the enemy with every FOX check that is written out to Clark.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police

Last edited by coldwarvet on Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Kerry present his charges before the trumped up congressional panel back then on tv. I wondered at the time why he wasn't arrested for treason. I'm still wondering. I think the fact that no action was taken against him lent credence to his charges at the time.
The 'make love not war' hippies were pretty much getting shouted down until Kerry made his presentation to congress.
Now there appears to be no limit to what is allowed via Wesley Clark and the rest of the turncoats.
Somebody file some damn legal charges for treason against Kerry. There will never be a more clearcut case of treason with the proof of his treason backed up by FBI records of the time and his own public statements.
He's still the key. Take him down for his treason and the rest would take notice and back the hell up and we could get this mess under sane control.

Dusty
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dusty wrote:
I watched Kerry present his charges before the trumped up congressional panel back then on tv. I wondered at the time why he wasn't arrested for treason. I'm still wondering. I think the fact that no action was taken against him lent credence to his charges at the time.
The 'make love not war' hippies were pretty much getting shouted down until Kerry made his presentation to congress.
Now there appears to be no limit to what is allowed via Wesley Clark and the rest of the turncoats.
Somebody file some damn legal charges for treason against Kerry. There will never be a more clearcut case of treason with the proof of his treason backed up by FBI records of the time and his own public statements.
He's still the key. Take him down for his treason and the rest would take notice and back the hell up and we could get this mess under sane control.
Dusty

I am with you all the way Dusty. And what is really sick Kerry's credibility was manufactured with phony medals and witnesses that turned out to be nothing more then common criminals committing all kinds of atrocities as members of the black panthers. It makes one ponder about Clark. Is he another fabricated leader without any accomplishments of his own?

I just come to the realization that it was their on 4/22/71 we lost the will to win the war in Vietnam. If all hell would have broke loose like it should of we would of had the resolve to uphold the victory that was agreed to in the 1973 Paris peace agreement. No we had given our back bone away in 71 and their was no political will to uphold the Paris peace agreement and now 58,000 names of our brothers and sisters are on the black wall like a big Band-Aid that is suppose to make us all feel better. Well I do not feel better because of the black Ban-Aid. What would really make me feel better is if Kerry was tried for treason.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police

Last edited by coldwarvet on Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rdtf wrote:
how can a guy like this rise to such a position in the military? How did he convince people he was loyal to this country, and willing to do what it takes to protect it? Makes me furious.

Read a Book called "Once an Eagle" by by Anton Maurer. Clark fits the role for Courtney Massengale.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clark continues to tarnish the stars he wore and brings great discredit upon himself, the Army and the Nation as a whole.

His statements will be widely quoted in the Islamic press and serve only to embolden our enemies.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
GM Strong

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantomSgt wrote:
Clark continues to tarnish the stars he wore and brings great discredit upon himself, the Army and the Nation as a whole.

His statements will be widely quoted in the Islamic press and serve only to embolden our enemies.

Cool Cool Cool

I respectfully disagree.
He may be bring discredit to himself, but the Army and the Nation are OK in spite of him.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM Strong wrote:
PhantomSgt wrote:

Cool Cool Cool

I respectfully disagree.
He may be bring discredit to himself, but the Army and the Nation are OK in spite of him.

Not in the eyes of the Islamic world. This is an American General and Presidential candidate speaking out against our elected leader. Wes is doing a better job recruiting Jihadists than supporting our recruiting efforts in the US.

Independent that leans right of center.
GM Strong

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantomSgt wrote:
GM Strong wrote:
PhantomSgt wrote:

Cool Cool Cool

I respectfully disagree.

Not in the eyes of the Islamic world. This is an American General and Presidential candidate speaking out against our elected leader. Wes is doing a better job recruiting Jihadists than supporting our recruiting efforts in the US.

I'll agree with that, but our guys know the difference. He puts himself in the same boat a Senator bin Durbin and that is a disgrace. The Jihadis had better not equate "Ashley Wilkes" Clark with our folks however.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what in heck was FOX thinking of with Clark. I couldn't watch it all. Wonder how long he'll last there...Brit didn't seem too impressed with Clark's commentary after GW's speech

Gessh he got called back from his NATO gig after that run-in with the Brits' top NATO guy, Clark gave the Brit an order, that he refused, and wish I could recall it all now(llink somewhere) anyway, Clark got called back stateside...for that, among other things.
Quote:
The New Yorker
GENERAL CLARK’S BATTLES
Issue of 2003-11-17

Soon after Clark entered the race, though, another Clinton-era general, Tommy Franks, who retired this summer after directing the capture of Baghdad, was asked in a private setting whether he believed that Clark would make a good President. “Absolutely not,” Franks replied. Retired General Hugh Shelton was asked the same question after giving a talk at a college in California. Shelton, the former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, was Clark’s boss in 1999 when Clark was unceremoniously told that he was being removed from his position as Supreme Allied Commander, Europe. “I’ve known Wes for a long time,” Shelton said. “I will tell you the reason he came out of Europe early had to do with integrity and character issues, things that are very near and dear to my heart. . . . Wes won’t get my vote.” Shelton has refused to explain how he came to his conclusion.

Clark indicated that he was puzzled by such comments. “I’ve known Hugh Shelton for years,” he said, with a tight smile. “I always liked him.” The comments of Franks, Shelton, and others in the Clinton-era military and defense establishment suggest a paradox in Wesley Clark’s candidacy for President: his military career, the justification for his candidacy, may also be a liability.

and then there is Waco...

Last edited by kate on Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scrubbed the dup post

Last edited by kate on Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kate is right on. It really galls me that Clark is getting paid to talk down our CinC.
To my simple little mind, in time of war voices of dissent should NOT be given a public forum to spread their warped points of view.
After the war, go for it. But NOT smack dab in the middle of hostilities.

Dusty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: