SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ANOTHER WANNABEE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: ANOTHER WANNABEE Reply with quote

To the Editor:
Carol Feineman, *****@foothills.net ( 530.852.**** )
Colfax, California 95713

I bet you don't live far from Disneyland? Am I correct?
I think a Cartoon escaped from Disneyland and is residing in your town.

As I read your report below ( even if you were duped ) I would like to know what happened to responsibility in media?

Do you ever check out the "war storys" before you send them to press?

If not, today may be a good day to implement that practice as I have never read a better
script for a disneyland performance than the assertations made by Graig Sultana, a wannabe that has been listed on
the PoW Network website since 2002. He is NOT a former PoW. You need to call the FBI as what
that man is claiming is against the law, specially if he wore or wears any medals he has no right to ware including but
not limited too the PoW Medal. (PoW Network - Scroll Down http://www.pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies1035.htm )

I have copied in Kate Walsh, another "editor" who was duped much like you. She could not believe that the person
was NOT PoW -- she had written up -- as he produced FORGED documents, including a FORGED letter from Kennedy in
MA. If you will not listen to those who have writen and may write, subsequent to this email, at least talk to Kate.

I have included part of the ordeal with Kate below your missive, a missive that glorify's a liar and a thief who has done nothing
but STEAL HONOR from those who earned the designation PoW.

Please investigate and print the TRUTH.

and thats the way it is...

Joe Oliver
Not a Yes man.
Houston, TX

Please pass on to your lists.

BCC: American Legion POST 84
Colfax, VFW, PO Box 1465
AmLeg Post 550
VFW Post 1781
AmLeg Post 564

To the National Press on the list - Graig Sultana - should be on your most wanted list
to expose.

"P.O.W. Network - Chuck and Mary Schantag" wrote:
"Phony resurfaces - posted since 2002"

Thursday, June 30, 2005 Last modified: Wednesday, June 29, 2005 7:39 PM PDT
Graig Saltana was named the VFW "Captain of the All-State Commanders" last week. Photo by Michael Kirby/Colfax Record
Saluting the new captain

By: Carol Feineman, Colfax Record Editor

For Graig Sultana, belonging to Colfax's Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) of the United States has turned his life around.

As for VFW Posts throughout California, Sultana is a new role model.

Last week, Sultana received the all-state award or the "Captain of the All-State Commanders," which is the No. 1 award in the state, according to John Lowe, VFW's state adjutant/quartermaster. The award given at the annual state convention in southern California recognizes excellence in programming, from youth activities, scholarships, community service to veterans' service.

"(Graig) excelled in every area. We're very surprised," Lowe said, "because some of our largest posts have more wherewithal. It's great to see one of our smaller posts achieve this."

The state's 500 VFW Posts have between 29 to 2,000 members. Colfax's VFW Post 2003 membership numbers 85 with 27 active members, according to Sultana.

This is Sultana's first year as Colfax's commander. Winning this award only makes him more determined to now try for a national award.

"The pressure is on. All the big cities have now seen this little post of Colfax," Sultana, 54, said. "A lot of posts didn't try; I'd like to see them come up and try. I'm shooting for All-American, the nationwide award, this year."

"My post worked very hard to make this work. The women's auxiliary helped a lot with the programs," Sultana added. "I tip my hat to them a lot."

Although Sultana is now involved daily with VFW, he wasn't always a joiner.

Up until five years ago, he was a self-described "hermit in the mountains with a long beard and ponytail who didn't want anything to do with anyone."

That was because of emotional and physical turmoil he suffered for 2 1/2 years as a prisoner of war in Laos. Injured while serving in the U.S. Army Special Forces, Sultana was captured in 1970 along with other Americans, Australians, Canadians and Koreans.

His ranking is Sgt. 1st Class.

"I never stopped being scared. I wasn't treated good, not according to the Geneva Conference," said Sultana, who three decades later still doesn't want to talk about those aspects.

For that same reason, Sultana will switch TV channels if he sees news about hostages currently in Iraq.

"I can relate to it so I don't watch the news because I get nightmares," he explained.

After being rescued by the Marines in 1973, Sultana found it was easier to retreat for almost 30 years than to return to everyday life.

Until he met his future wife, Terri, who eventually convinced Sultana to attend a POW-MIA meeting sponsored by the VFW and the Colfax Methodist Church.

Five years after that initial meeting at the church, Terri Sultana sees a remarkable change in her husband.

"He jumped right in, he became so community-involved," she said.

Besides his VFW work, Sultana is now Sierra Vista Community Center's president, a Colfax Pride member, a Colfax Planning Commissioner and a Colfax Veterans Memorial Building board of trustee.

"He didn't say much about his experiences as a POW, not until a couple of months ago. He didn't want to talk about it, he was angry at the government, he was in a lot of pain with his health deteriorating," Terri Sultana added. "He sacrificed a lot. His life has been very sad. Now he's thrilled; he loves being involved."

While Sultana credits the Marines for saving his life in the 1970s, he also credits his wife with doing the same.

"My wife Terri has a lot to do with this. She made the call, she has brought me up," Sultana grinned. "She's the reason I'm not one of these nutcases. I went to that meeting five years ago and here I am today, a VFW commander. I'm glad to be back because I'm joining life, I'm involved in the community, I'm enjoying life. VFW and the community helped me re-associate with life."

--
Joe Oliver
Houston,Tx.

note: Text edited to display correct URL/me#1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: