SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WHY ARE IRANIAN CHILDREN VACCINATED AGAINST SMALLPOX?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: WHY ARE IRANIAN CHILDREN VACCINATED AGAINST SMALLPOX? Reply with quote

I came across this in my travels and its implications would scare the jeebies out of me.

http://boortz.com/nuze/200506/06272005.html#smallpox
WHY ARE IRANIAN CHILDREN VACCINATED AGAINST SMALLPOX?

Smallpox is an acute, highly contagious and often fatal disease caused by the variola virus. The virus is so dangerous and potentially deadly that one confirmed case of smallpox is considered to be a public health emergency. Oh .. and there is no proven treatment for the disease once a person falls ill. You just administer fluids and antibiotics to handle any secondary infections, and hope that the patent is one of the 70%. The other 30% will die.

In case you don't already know, Smallpox has been eradicated worldwide. The eradication is so complete that we don't even vaccinate people against smallpox any more. In fact, smallpox vaccinations are not currently available to ordinary citizens in the United States any more.

Why bring this all up? Well -- as I said, you can't get a smallpox vaccination in the United States; but apparently you can get vaccinated in Iran. There are reports that young Iranian children traveling outside their country have been vaccinated against smallpox. Why would that be? The smallpox vaccination process is not fun. So why would you go through the trouble of administering a troublesome and difficult vaccination to your child for a disease that has been eradicated around the world?

Do I really need to carry this bit any further? Tell me I don't need to connect the dots. Well .. there is that chance that you've just stumbled into this bit from some reality show website ... so here you go. Iran is a state supporter of terrorism. Iran is developing a nuclear weapon. Iran is providing people and support to the Iraqi insurgency. Iranian mullahs want to see as many Americans die as possible. Even though smallpox has been eradicated, the virus still exists in government laboratories. It is possible that Islamic fascists in Iran have acquired some of the Smallpox virus and are working on plans to use that virus as a weapon against the Western world. That being the case, would it make sense to vaccinate Iranian children who might be traveling to the West?

Just something for you to think about.
Is this a real article or is it just conspiracy theory??
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: WHY ARE IRANIAN CHILDREN VACCINATED AGAINST SMALLPOX? Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
I came across this in my travels and its implications would scare the jeebies out of me.

WHY ARE IRANIAN CHILDREN VACCINATED AGAINST SMALLPOX?......
Is this a real article or is it just conspiracy theory??

While Boortz likes to make his audience think he makes things up as he goes, he in reality does a better job of 'connecting the dots' than most....so, until better info comes along, think I'd put my credence in his point that Iran is on the jihadi's side.

JMHO
Deuce
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: WHY ARE IRANIAN CHILDREN VACCINATED AGAINST SMALLPOX? Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:

The smallpox vaccination process is not fun. So why would you go through the trouble of administering a troublesome and difficult vaccination to your child for a disease that has been eradicated around the world?

Huh? "...troublesome and difficult vaccination..." This is the little scratch on the skin vacination. An no Mr. Boortz, you can still get them in the U.S.

Me thinks Boortz also sees shadow people.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: WHY ARE IRANIAN CHILDREN VACCINATED AGAINST SMALLPOX? Reply with quote

GoophyDog wrote:
BuffaloJack wrote:

The smallpox vaccination process is not fun. So why would you go through the trouble of administering a troublesome and difficult vaccination to your child for a disease that has been eradicated around the world?

Huh? "...troublesome and difficult vaccination..." This is the little scratch on the skin vacination. An no Mr. Boortz, you can still get them in the U.S.

Me thinks Boortz also sees shadow people.

I wouldn't be so quick to flat dismiss this as paranoia. It is our duty to explore all that is abnormal. And if true, it is abnormal for a society to vaccinate its population against something that has been eradicated unless they know something that we do not. After all if I had written a letter on 9/10/01 stating that a bunch of Muslims wanted to learn how to fly commercial jets and questioned their motives I would have been accused of seeing shadows. We all need to be looking into the shadows for abnormalities.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: WHY ARE IRANIAN CHILDREN VACCINATED AGAINST SMALLPOX? Reply with quote

coldwarvet wrote:
I wouldn't be so quick to flat dismiss this as paranoia.

I'm not dismissing him. What I'm pointing out is that perhaps Boortz is not looking deep enough or did not do his research thoroughly.

Despite the "erradication" declaration, here is an entire population that has no immunity because instead of receiving the standard innoculations, their leaders were building bank accounts. No, I'm not so naive to believe there is not threat but I am realistic enough to note the vaccine works both ways. Those who do travel out of the country will have built the immunity and hence will not be unknowing carriers.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: WHY ARE IRANIAN CHILDREN VACCINATED AGAINST SMALLPOX? Reply with quote

GoophyDog wrote:
coldwarvet wrote:
I wouldn't be so quick to flat dismiss this as paranoia.

I'm not dismissing him. What I'm pointing out is that perhaps Boortz is not looking deep enough or did not do his research thoroughly.

Despite the "erradication" declaration, here is an entire population that has no immunity because instead of receiving the standard innoculations, their leaders were building ************s. No, I'm not so naive to believe there is not threat but I am realistic enough to note the vaccine works both ways. Those who do travel out of the country will have built the immunity and hence will not be unknowing carriers.
Perhaps my hyper vigilance can be attributed to the security training I received in the USAF we were trained to recognize & explore anything that was unusual. I.e. a uniform being worn incorrectly.

dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This information becomes a lot more scary now that it seems the new pres. of Iran is apparently one of the ringleaders of the Iran Hostage episode.
Maybe it's time to break out the smallpox innoculations again.

Dusty
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the people of Iran know if they're caught using a WMD on the US, we're capable of annihilating the entire country in one mission, no contagion necessary. We went through a very cold 40 years fearing mutual annihilation and somehow managed enough brains to stand down. With luck, the Iranis also will muster the brains to stand down. Has anyone else wondered what would have happened if on December 8, 1941, we had reduced Tokyo, Rome and Berlin to small rocks?
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scenario: Today 25 Islamic extremists were given shots of smallpox contagion and placed on aircraft flying to 25 major cities around the western world. The incubation period gives them a few days to move around the cities before they start showing the first symptoms. After this they will have about a week to continue spreading the disease throughout the city they are assigned until they are incapacitated.

Estimated Deaths: In cities of one million residents or more, thirty-five percent in the first 45 days. The young and the elderly will go first.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Poole wrote:
We went through a very cold 40 years fearing mutual annihilation and somehow managed enough brains to stand down. With luck, the Iranis also will muster the brains to stand down.

If you got em light em up.

I am afraid that will be the order that comes from the jihad leadership. At least with the soviets we had the mutual desire to live to fight another day. This enemy is suicidal and is looking forward to their eternal reward for the destruction of infidels.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: