SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drudge: Inside a Moveon Supreme Court House Party

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Drudge: Inside a Moveon Supreme Court House Party Reply with quote

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain... (emphasis mine)

Quote:
REVEALED: INSIDE A MOVEON SUPREME COURT HOUSE PARTY; TAKE 'BUSH LIAR' T-SHIRTS OFF
Sun Jul 10 2005 20:29:27 ET
**Exclusive**

Over the weekend, the liberal activist group MOVEON.ORG hosted over house parties across the nation to stop President Bush from nominating a “radical right judge” -- and the DRUDGE REPORT obtained an exclusive invite to one of their hottest parties!

Charles Fazio of Alexandria, VA was the host of one of the most widely attended MOVEON parties in the Washington, DC area. The DRUDGE REPORT has learned because of Fazio’s registration success, his party was chosen to be a finalist on the WASHINGTON POST’s list of house party events the paper would cover.

In a desperate bid to sanitize his gathering and control how its attendees would be perceived by the POST, the MOVEON host emailed talking points to his guests. A copy of those talking points was obtained by the DRUDGE REPORT.

<snip>

One last suggestion from Fazio to his liberal MOVEON party-goers: “Oh, because a photographer will be here, might I suggest we put away our ‘Bush is a Liar’ t-shirts. Let's look like they do.”

Drudge Report - cont'd
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the referenced story from WaPo...

Quote:
Call Up the Troops, Then Clean the Grill
Summer's Hottest Social Issue: The Supreme Court in Flux

By Hanna Rosin
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, July 11, 2005; Page C01

"It's like the Howard Dean days," says a lady who is standing over by the pool, eating a piece of sushi. And in form, at least, it is: groups of strangers meeting in suburban back yards or tiny downtown apartments on a Saturday night, telling stories of "how I got involved," resuscitating that common enemy from the heady pre-election days, known in these circles as "the fascist government" or "the people destroying this country" or sometimes simply "Them."

The occasion is a throwback to those pre-November days of hope and action: one of more than 1,000 house parties around the nation organized by the activist group MoveOn.org designed to "protect the Supreme Court and have some fun, too."

This one is in the backyard of Chuck Fazio's house in Mount Vernon, a lovely spot on the site of George Washington's pig farm, overlooking Dogue Creek on one side and Fazio's pool on the other. The pool is decorated with what he jokingly calls his "tiki luau masks."

"Back here I want it to feel like a different place," says Fazio, 41, who runs his own media company.

<snip>

"Enough is enough These people are scary and they're trying to take over. They've got to be stopped. I mean, the jig is up, man. These people cannot continue to lie because we know the whole story now."

Washington Post - cont'd
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm glad to know the name Chuck Fazio now. He's right in my backyard, and I'd hate to run into him somewhere and not know the opportunity I had before me. Ahhh what fun it would be to make him think I agree with his politics. Just for a little while. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: