SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Supreme Court Justice David H. Souter's Property
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tanya
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Supreme Court Justice David H. Souter's Property Reply with quote

http://www.freestarmedia.com/hotellostliberty2.html

Weare, New Hampshire (PRWEB) "Could a hotel be built on the land owned by Supreme Court Justice David H. Souter? A new ruling by the Supreme Court which was supported by Justice Souter himself itself might allow it. A private developer is seeking to use this very law to build a hotel on Souter's land."

Oh, how sweet this would be, if this can be done! Laughing
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it! This is better than chopping down His Majesty's trees or tossing tea in the harbor.

Hell, I'ld buy a time share for the grins.

-Wlm Shakespeare
Tanya

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out these video's from Freestarmedia's site:

http://www.freestarmedia.com/
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH, the irony! I would gladly buy into such a time share on Justice Souter's former property. Let's make sure that like other people, he is not even adequately or fairly compensated for the fair market value of the property. I will help with this.

And the videos on freestarmedia - "Grand Theft, Building" - good heavens, this is like a friggin' epidemic!

I absolutely had no idea this was happening to the extent that it is!

Fourteen years that man spent building his business, working day and night to improve the property and rent space to other businesses and now San Diego can take it from him and give it to a developer?

And the developer is on record as having contributed to campaign funds to the mayor and members of the city council that later voted to steal this man's property???

They're not even subtle about it!!!!!
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy x3,

It is an epidemic. What's truly sad about it is that existing businesses and homeowners are destroyed. The developements that follow are usually heavily subsidized with tax breaks and more often than not fail or renege on their obligations. Trying to attract big companies these cities drop trou' only to have the object of their desires take the money, resell the land and run.

FreeStarMedia's initiative is encouraging. During the Smith rape trial it was revealed that the Kennedy compound in Palm Beach enjoyed tax-free status.I imagine the same applies to Hyannis Port. It's an injustice that cries for a 'progressive' correction. We might investigate the Heinz/Kerry properties, McCain's land and the 'Gang of 14' as well.

-Wlm Shakespeare
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget, there are 4 other 'justices' that should also have their property seized, "for the public good."

Let's see how willing they are to just give in and accept their own decision.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a Hoot!! Love it.
Tanya

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=45029

THIS LAND WAS YOUR LAND
Supreme Court justice
faces boot from home?
Developer wants 'Lost Liberty Hotel' built upon property of David Souter

"Souter has claimed Weare as his home since he moved there as an 11-year-old boy with his family."

Then there's this:

Your castle no more
By Edward Hudgins
June 27, 2005

"The U.S. Supreme Court is allowing a local government to kick out of the house in which she was born 87-year-old Wilhelmina Dery and her husband who has lived there with her for 60 years. Why? The government wants to seize their property, bulldoze their house and many others and sell the land to businesses and developers for private uses." Crying or Very sad

http://washingtontimes.com/commentary/20050626-114348-5675r.htm

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this part is especially good:

Quote:
The proposed development, called "The Lost Liberty Hotel" will feature the "Just Desserts Café" and include a museum, open to the public, featuring a permanent exhibit on the loss of freedom in America. Instead of a Gideon's Bible each guest will receive a free copy of Ayn Rand's novel "Atlas Shrugged."

Clements indicated that the hotel must be built on this particular piece of land because it is a unique site being the home of someone largely responsible for destroying property rights for all Americans.
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the primary differences between the communist world and the free world is the ownership of property.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE IT! It's payback time.

FYI, Mark Twain may have been the inspiration for this tactic.
From Captain Ed at Captain"s Quarters:

Quote:
The Mark Twain Option
When I wrote about my reaction to the Kelo decision, I included a portion of a letter written by Mark Twain over 120 years ago that I felt spoke directly to the issue. After losing a copyright case that he clearly should have won, Twain wrote the following in a letter to a Massachusetts group seeking to honor him with an award:

"It does look as if Massachusetts were in a fair way to embarrass me with kindnesses this year. In the first place, a Massachusetts judge has just decided in open court that a Boston publisher may sell, not only his own property in a free and unfettered way, but also may as freely sell property which does not belong to him but to me; property which he has not bought and which I have not sold.

Under this ruling I am now advertising that judge's homestead for sale, and, if I make a good a sum out of it as I expect, I shall go on and sell out the rest of his property."

It now looks as if activists have taken Twain to heart......

http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/archives/004833.php
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
GM Strong

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need an Oil refinery at Hyannisport, MA. It's an ideal location, but some family named Kennedy owns the property. What the heck, they should give it up for the sake of lower gas prices for all. Take it. A wind farm becomes moot.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

these guys are really having fun with this...what a hoot if it takes off, if for no other reason than some in-your-face media attention

Quote:
http://www.freestarmedia.com/hotelplan.html

Status of the "Hotel Lost Liberty" project

How you can participate (more fun, for real!):

1. Are you a powerful and famous radio talk show host?

The "Room-Fit-For-A-Host Prize" will go to that radio talk show host that causes his or her listeners to pony up the largest sum toward the hotel's construction cost. This will be accomplished by asking each investor which radio talk show host motivated him or her to invest. The honeymoon suite will be named after the winning radio talk show host and that host will be allowed to choose the books and decorations in the room (within our budget). Four runners-up will have regular hotel rooms named after them and also be allowed to choose the books, decorations and furniture in these rooms (within our budget). The radio talk show host that finishes last will have the bathroom adjoining the restaurant named after him or her.

Imagine if your favorite host wins! What decorations might be found in the "Rush Room"? Which books might appear in the "Larry Elder Room"? What creature comforts might be enjoyed in the Bill O'Reilly Room? Do we dare to think what the "Howard Stern Room" might look like? Who will win? How will they decorate? The world awaits with baited breath...and a new reality show is born!

This contest is open to all radio talk show hosts. We will announce which radio talk show hosts step into the ring as it happens...

2. What should we serve in the Just Deserts Cafe* (the hotel restaurant)?

We have received some creative suggestions: Chicken Seizure Salad, Souter Soup, Goose and Gander Sautee. And for dessert Logan's original item...Crow Pie. But we need more to complete our menu. Send your ideas to "menu@freestarmedia.com". Include the name of your menu suggestion in the subject line.
*Name changed to clarify what we are really serving.

Check back here often for new, fun and creative ways to participate in this Project.

Tanya

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"2. What should we serve in the Just Deserts Cafe* (the hotel restaurant)?"

I'd like some "Black eyed Souter peas and a big plate of Scorned Souter Cornbread! Laughing

Should I send that in? Wink
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eggy-faced Supreme Souffle' - $14.95 (Very cheesy and guaranteed to fall flat with 92% of our customers)

Supreme Justice Platter - $15.95 (We pull it off of the table before you begin eating and refund you $4.95)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: