SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PRESERVED HONOR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: PRESERVED HONOR Reply with quote

SGT Ryan Montgomery laid to rest
I have been asked to keep this short.

Yesterday, July 12th, 2005, a group of people who care about our troops and their families got together to make sure that the Godless idiots from the Westboro Church in Topeka, KS did not disrupt the funeral of our fallen brother as they promised they would do.

People came from all over Kentucky and two in our party came down from Indianapolis, a man and his son, not much younger than SGT Montgomery, I am sure. Also in our group was an active duty officer who shall remain unnamed for his security. Salute!

We did not run into the scum from Kansas, but we did honor our fallen brother. As the funeral party exited the Greensburg Middle School, we stood at attention and saluted on a knoll near the driveway coming out of the school. Big Daddy Danny Calhoun, arhcitect of the POW MIA Memorial Gardens in Somerset, KY, had brought 100 American flags with him and he donated some to us for our use. We held the flags between every two of us and it was a line along the entire ridge. With the tears I witnessed and the thanks we received from some who came out of the funeral, I am sure the family enjoyed seeing the support and respect.

Thanks to Butch Hopkins, Disabled American Veteran, for his reconnoitering and planning for several days before this event and to all who attended. It wasn't as good a turnout as I would have liked, but we did what we could and we did our brother right.
Unfortunately, the Fred Phelp's group from the Westboro Church (?) of Topeka, KS did cause some trouble in the town the night before and did get a hateful letter into the hands of the mother at the visitation. I am very upset about that. We know they were using a white work van with KS plates. We must find people to go where these people go and spend days there stopping them at every opportunity and identifying them with pictures, video, etc. so they can be spotted by family and friends of the fallen. We must make them go away.

Check this out: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/michael_haggerty/expose3.htm
This is about "Addicted to Hate". It will give you a picture of what a monster Fred Phelps is.

May God watch over our troops and their families in this difficult time in our history. May the godless scum that kill innocent
people in the name of ending Liberty the world over get a one way ticket to the lake of fire where Fred Phelps will one day,
undoubtedly, join them.

Jeff "Mario" Smith
LEFTington, KY

"So shall they fear the name of the Lord from the west and His glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like
a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall raise up a standard against him." Isaiah 59:19 (KJV)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Danny \"Greasy\" Belcher wrote:
t was a wonderful patriotic funeral for a fallen hero. It was all positive.

Thank you to everyone that attended
Special thanks to all of the police officers that made sure it was honorable as it should be.

One inbreed was arrested the night before at the funeral home. As usual cowards run when they are challenged.
When you are wrong you must run and hide like the scum you are. Honorable people stood up and showed their
respect as true Americans will. God Bless everyone that cared and especially the family and friends of
Sgt. Montgomery.

Danny "Greasy" Belcher, Executive Director
Task Force Omega of KY Inc.
Infantry Sgt. Vietnam 68-69
D Troop 7th Sqdn. 1st Air Cav.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: