SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wow! What a day! (Iraq Truth Tour update from Brad Maaske)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
olympian2004
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:46 am    Post subject: Wow! What a day! (Iraq Truth Tour update from Brad Maaske) Reply with quote

Wow, What a Day!

This has been the most incredible trip of my life! I have met the most wonderful people and have learned so much first hand. A Doctor, Captain Daniel Green, at Fort Prosperity, one of Saddam's Palaces, decided that the only way we were going to see Iraq properly was to have unfettered and total access to anyone in Baghdad, from the lowest soldier to the Chief of Operations.... and we did!. He got a two star to sign off and the real fun began. (A few feathers were ruffled in the middle but they came on board as well).

My day started at 7:00 AM as I was going out on foot patrol with the Iraqi Army. Over the course of the day I went on 3 patrols and saw several trouble spots in the red zone.

Others in our group were taken to see the reconstruction projects as well as going on patrol and visiting an orphanage in the red zone adopted by our American Soldiers! I was 1/2 mile from the suicide bomber.

You should be so proud of the wonderful job our soldiers do. Children flock to the Humvees whenever they stop. It is no wonder the murdering terrorists have gone to the softest targets of all, children accepting candy and gifts from our soldiers!

Over the course of 18 hours we saw more than we could absorb. We are all still checking our notes, recordings and videotape to share what we have learned.

Its 2:30 AM and we are now back in Kuwait. Many of us have had less than 10 hours sleep since Monday. One thing is certain, there is a ways to go, but, we are making significant progress towards turning Iraq over to the the Iraqi's.

Good Night and God Bless

Brad Maaske

http://voicesofsoldiers.com/article.php?story=20050714191925566
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: