SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Chappaquiddick"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Ranh '71
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: "Chappaquiddick" Reply with quote

While most of us were in Vietnam at the time, Teddy K was setting up for what will most certainly be his life long legacy. Drunkiness and manslaughter. But unfortuately, Kennedy DID NOT learn humility. Nor remorse nor righteousness! Etc Etc,

This July 18 [tomorrow] marks the 36th anniversary of the death of Mary Jo Kopechne. Mary Jo was in an auto accident at Chappaquiddick, Martha's Vineyard, Mass. The auto ran off the side of Dikes bridge.

The driver was Sen Ted Kennedy [D Mass]. Kennedy swam to shore leaving Kopechne to drown. Returning to a party, Kennedy didn't report the accident until the next morning.

Pleading to a lesser charge, Kennedy essentially beat the manslaughter rap. Of note, Kennedy has a long, well documented history of substance abuse [alcohol].

This coming July 26th, Mary Jo would have been 65 years old. Gone but not forgotten. Please remember her w/ a prayer and/or a moment of silence.

Additionally, in 1973, Kennedy asked, "Do we operate under a system of equal justice under law, or is there is there one system for the average citizens and another for the high and mighty?"

Sources: [http://www.ytedk.com/chappindex.htm], among others.

Maybe Teresa and John will also attend memorial services!?

cs

Remember: "Thinking is the best way to travel!"
Arty Guy
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shortly after the Three Mile Island incident, I heard a nuclear engineer quip, "More people have died in the back seat of Ted Kennedy's car than have died as a result of anything occuring at a civilian nuclear power plant in the USA." Still true.
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a very good Oliphant comic of Ted Kennedy speeding a car down the highway with DNC written on the side of it.

In the back seat is a terified Jimmi Carter wearing a full set of SCUBA gear.

Can't find it anywhere on the web.
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What gets me most is the man and family are rich as a result of organized crime, bootlegging mainly, but I am sure they did not pay taxes on that illegal money either. JFK was a drug addict and womanizer, Teddy is a drunk and murderer. None of them ever had a real job or worked for a living or made their own way in the world. Teddy (IMO) was behind the Kerry rise to power and helped him to fake his war record to get there.
Now this man is telling us about morality and what the little people in this country 'need'.
What a joke he is!!!!
Jerald L. Parsoneault
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the comment that Teddy is a joke -- in fact "sick joke" might even be more appropriate. In addition, what does this say about the morals of the syncophants who surround him and the people that re-elect him year after year.

Nalt
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still remember a bumper sticker I saw in Montana,

My gun is safer than Ted Kennedy's car.

So true!
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the only thing I've found remembering the anniversary of her death. (IN A HINDUSTAN/INDIA NEWSPAPER!!) Guess they didn't get the message that the press isn't suppose to mention this anniversary.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/7087_1434540,008700000009.htm
Quote:
• 1968: US Senator Edward Kennedy’s car drove off a bridge on Chappaquiddick Island, Massachusetts killing his 28-year-old companion Mary Jo Kopechne. Kennedy fled the scene of the accident and received a suspended sentence of two months and one year's probation. Chappaquiddick now stands for political nemesis— a shady part of ones past that won't go away.

No mention about the postion in which Mary Jo was found. She was curled up in a the rear corner of the car in what was believed may have been an air pocket that Mary Jo was beathing from as she waited for help. That poor girl!! Kennedy waited almost 20 hours before telling authorities that she was in the car under water!!!
At the very LEAST there should have been a manslaughter charge.

I think we should all email him "This is an Anniversary you probably forgot. But we will always remember. RIP Mary Jo."
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
roughfun
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is when I learned the Golden Rule! Those with the gold make the rules. I might be wrong but I think her own parents took money in exchange for silence. FORGET THE DEAD. VOTE FOR TED. A BLONDE IN EVERY POND. Semper Fi
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so sickening that Ted (hiccup) Kennedy has been on all the Liberal Media Outlets braying that Roberts must answer his questions on past SCOTUS decisons days after the anniversary of Chappaquiddick. Sure Teddy, when YOU answer why you let Mary Jo drown while you saved your political hinny.
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems the Kennedy's have a legacy of substance abuse, womanizing, and dying of violent deaths.

The thing that strikes me most is that Kennedy seems to think there are two justice systems, the one for the liberals, and the one for the rest of us. We know which system he belongs to.

Seems Slick Willy took his cues from Teddy's older brother JF. Fratanizing in the White House. These people have a lot of nerve saying anything about GW in comparision to their closet packed with skeltons and evil doings.

Talk about calling the kettle black, or should it really be calling the Kennedy black. Evil or Very Mad

Poor Mary Jo. I will remember her on July 26th and say a prayer that she is at peace with our Lord.

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

"Wednesday Hero - Google It!"
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the significance of July 26th, VApatriot?

If you're referring to the anniversary of Mary Jo's death, it was July 19th.

You missed it, just like 70% of the voters here in Massachusetts have done for the past 36 years Sad
Army_(Ret)
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawa wrote:
Here is the only thing I've found remembering the anniversary of her death. (IN A HINDUSTAN/INDIA NEWSPAPER!!) Guess they didn't get the message that the press isn't suppose to mention this anniversary.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/7087_1434540,008700000009.htm
Quote:
• 1968: US Senator Edward Kennedy’s car drove off a bridge on Chappaquiddick Island, Massachusetts killing his 28-year-old companion Mary Jo Kopechne. Kennedy fled the scene of the accident and received a suspended sentence of two months and one year's probation. Chappaquiddick now stands for political nemesis— a shady part of ones past that won't go away.

No mention about the postion in which Mary Jo was found. She was curled up in a the rear corner of the car in what was believed may have been an air pocket that Mary Jo was beathing from as she waited for help. That poor girl!! Kennedy waited almost 20 hours before telling authorities that she was in the car under water!!!
At the very LEAST there should have been a manslaughter charge.

I think we should all email him "This is an Anniversary you probably forgot. But we will always remember. RIP Mary Jo."

"She was curled up in a the rear corner of the car in what was believed may have been an air pocket that Mary Jo was beathing from as she waited for help."
More specifically; she was breathing from the back seat passenger footwell. The police sergeant diver was relieved/reassigned several hours after finding her.
Army_(Ret)
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres a little more "Kennedy style" justice.

Ted Kennedy had a record of serious traffic violations. Their nature formed a pattern of deliberate and repeated negligent operation. Particularly bothersome was a June, 1958 conviction for "reckless driving."

- On March 14, 1958, Deputy Sheriff Thomas Whitten had been on routine highway patrol outside Charlottesville, Virginia, when an Oldsmobile convertible ran a red light, sped off, then cut its tail lights to elude pursuit. A license check revealed the car belonged to Edward M. Kennedy, a 26-year-old law student attending the University of Virginia. Kennedy had previously been fined $15 for speeding in March 1957.
- Whitten was on patrol at the same intersection a week later, he testified, "And here comes the same car. And to my surprise, he did exactly the same thing. He raced through the same red light, cut his lights when he got to the corner and made the right turn." Whitten gave chase. He found the car in a driveway, apparently unoccupied. Looking inside, he discovered the driver, Teddy Kennedy, stretched out on the front seat and hiding. Whitten issued a ticket for "reckless driving; racing with an officer to avoid arrest; and operating a motor vehicle without an operator's license (Mass. registration.)"
- Kennedy's attorneys were able to win numerous postponements, but eventually he was convicted on all charges and paid a $35 fine. Court officials never filed the mandatory notice of the case in the public docket, however, and Kennedy's name had not appeared on any arrest blotter. Instead, a local reporter discovered the case when he spotted 5 warrants in Kennedy's name in a court cash drawer.

- Three weeks after his trial, Ted Kennedy was caught speeding again, and still operating without a valid license.

- In December 1959, Kennedy was stopped again for running a red light and fined $10 and costs. In Whitten's view, "That boy had a heavy foot and a mental block against the color red. He was a careless, reckless driver who didn't seem to have any regard for speed limits or traffic ordinances."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- The offenses in Virginia had occurred on Ted Kennedy's Massachusetts driver's license, but mysteriously neither the Registry of Motor Vehicles nor the office of probation in Cambridge had any record of the out-of-state convictions. Had it been revealed at the inquest, the Senator's history of negligence and reckless driving would have been further evidence to support a charge of manslaughter in the Chappaquiddick accident.

- Senator Kennedy's driver's license had expired on February 22, 1969 (nearly 5 months before the accident at Chappaquiddick) and had not been renewed.
- Although driving with an expired license was only a misdemeanor, it did provide the evidence of negligence needed to prove a manslaughter charge in the death of Mary Jo Kopechne.
- The license problem was "fixed" by officials at the Registry of Motor Vehicles, under the direction of Registrar Richard McLaughlin, before the legal proceedings began.
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't understand how Kennedy got to be as influential as he apparently is. I'm in my 5th decade and to this day I still can't believe that he got away with murder as obvious as it was at the time and still is.
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armybrat/Armymom wrote:
I still don't understand how Kennedy got to be as influential as he apparently is. I'm in my 5th decade and to this day I still can't believe that he got away with murder as obvious as it was at the time and still is.

Because the people in his state are cowards they and swallow his bs daily and seem to love it. He hands out freedbies to the minorities and let them tax everyone else to death. When his state goes farther down the tubes, maybe the majority of these idiots will learn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: