SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Narcissistic"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Ranh '71
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: "Narcissistic" Reply with quote

These criteria & diagnostic signs & symptons were first posted in this forum pre Nov election, by I think Buffalo Jack. If not, sorry. It's classic & want to share it w/ you again. Can you guess who it describes? A "head case" for sure. Enjoy!

Narcissistic Personality Disorder

American Description

Diagnostic Criteria

A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
requires excessive admiration
has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

Differential Diagnosis

Histrionic Personality Disorder; Antisocial Personality Disorder; Borderline Personality Disorder; Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder; Schizotypal Personality Disorder; Paranoid Personality Disorder; Manic Episodes; Hypomanic Episodes; Personality Change Due to a General Medical Condition; symptoms that may develop in association with chronic substance use.

Internet Mental Health (www.mentalhealth.com) copyright © 1995-2005 by Phillip W. Long, M.D.

Remember: "Thinking is the best way to travel!"
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I appreciate being remembered, it wasn't mine and I can't take credit for something I didn't do.
A search of the archives turns up d19thdoc as the person who posted it just prior to the election.

Jack
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: