SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fellow Vets, I Need Your Help Signing Petition Please????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jarhead
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Fellow Vets, I Need Your Help Signing Petition Please???? Reply with quote

Fellow vets,

I need your help please? Most of you do not live in South Florida so this issue does not pertain to you right now. But it may one day pertain to you since most of us are around or near retirement age. Even if you dont live, vacation, or fish in South Florida, after you retire you may one day decide to move here or vacation here. We have a very serious issue with pollution with our two rivers that flow out into the Atlantic Ocean. The pollution is caused by the water that is released from Lake Okeechobee down into our rivers that was normally released to flow south of us. "Big Sugar" in WPB owns (via campaign money) our politicians and the Water Managemnet District. We held a rally last Saturday and are now fighting back. If any of you are interested, you can read more about it at the Florida Oceanographic website. I fish twice a week and for alot of us that live here, the ocean and the rivers are our personal santuary. Please do me a personal favor and help out a fellow vet and sign our petition (it will take a whole 60 seconds of your time). Remember, you or family may one day decide to move here or vacation here and I'm sure that you would want a safe environment for them. Thanks in advance for your help.

Here is the link to the petition:

http://www.petitiononline.com/19530630/petition.html

Here is the link to Florida Oceanographic Society:

http://www.floridaoceanographic.org

Jarhead

"I am a bold Internationalist, I will only disperse American troups around the world at the discretion of the United Nations" - John Kerry

$UCK THE CORRUPT UNITED NATIONS - I am a Jarhead and I approve this message
DLI78
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarhead: I was number 170. Hope you get a good response. I love the fishing there (but my info is about 25 years out of date on that). Cool
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I signed too-

And just think - the libs think they are the only ones that care about the environment! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: