SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Slow Joe Biden and John Roberts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
directorblue
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:17 am    Post subject: Slow Joe Biden and John Roberts Reply with quote

Quote:
If you're looking for a patron saint of obstructionists, look no further than "Slow Joe" Biden. Gearing up for the Supreme Court nomination process, Biden is out to get as much face time as possible, no matter how embarrassing the venue or his remarks. In a speech yesterday, Biden discussed a government that would limit the number of children a family could have and might outlaw all stem-cell research. The implication, of course, is that these are directions in which John Roberts might guide the court.

And, no, I don't think he was drunk, though he was doing a passable imitation.

These strawmen simply represent the advance scouts of the Democratic offensive. Raise strawman after strawman and let the nominee waste time hurdling useless calumny.

Biden, of course, is on the Senate Judiciary Committee. His goal is simple: to get as much camera time as possible during the confirmation process, thereby thwarting Hillary's 2008 advance publicity campaign.

And he obviously has no shame. In 2003, Biden supported Roberts' nomination to District of Columbia Circuit Court of Appeals. Does the word hypocrite come to mind?

Do me a favor and ook up plagiarism in the dictionary. You get... Joe Biden. No, I'm not kidding. Webster's Online Dictionary defines plagiarism using several famous examples including...

Rest here:

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2005/08/were-slashing-price-of-strawmen-at.html
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think old-joe is giving bindurbin a run for the money for ass of the month, but if he got near teddy for any lenth of time he might of been a little tippsy from his breath! Confused
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is with great dread that I anticipate Biden's pontifications on "natural law", an arcane subject upon which he can drone for days. It was one of Thomas hearing's lowpoints seared, SEARED in my memory.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: