SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unfit for Command given to President Bush

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:57 am    Post subject: Unfit for Command given to President Bush Reply with quote

This was passed to us Swifies today and you should be informed.
Ted Peck was the Officer of the 94 boat before kerry and like many of the group that opposed kerry, he has been targeted for prosecution. Here is his response.

To those of you that knew of my situation let me tell you that the felony charges against me have been dropped and I am out of harms way. Bill Schachte asked me how I felt about the turn of events and I told him it is very similar to how I felt laying (or is that lying) in bed the night I was shot on 29 January 1969. That is knowing I was a live and would survive. Life is grand and I expect to be in the Bay State prior to the 2008 Senatorial campaign helping Corsi. See you all at Nathaniel Hall.

Tedd Peck
PCF94

Ted was the OinC of the 94 boat who was badly injured prior to kerry taking over the 94 boat in January of 69. kerry asked Mr. Peck to join the VVAW as Ted was in the hospital and Mr. Peck declined.
Look at what evil people will do to people that have Honor, they try to slime Honest men trying to do their duty and now try to drag them into a law suit.

Let us join in the pursuit of kerry in 2008 and defeat him. I ask that Swifties and POWs now come back into action because kerry has taken the war to us after the election, personally and now after a fellow Swifty and fellow Officer.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Massachusetts veterans will be rhetorically armed to the teeth when Kerry reapplies for his Senate seat in '07. Hell, there's got to be a few decent Democrats in that state that could wrestle the party nomination away from him. Pols have a built-in nose for wounded prey.
Harvuskong
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not aware of any charges and etc being filed against any of the Swift Vets.

Is there a thread and/or threads with information about the subject??

I am aware of the Carlton Sherwood situtation, but did not know about other situtations or hot spots.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvuskong...
for background inre the charges against Tedd Peck see this thread
Prosecuting a Real Purple Heart
IRS / Kerry Target War Vet

<snip from the article linked in that thread>
Quote:
According to a confidential source, “There is no question that Kerry contacted an IRS confidant of his to attempt to place Peck in an unfavorable light and therefore make himself more appealing in his political world.”

also, see this thread re another SwiftVet that had been targeted here
Prosecutor exonerated for role in anti-Kerry ad (Al French)
hmminCanada
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Unfit for Command Given to President bush Reply with quote

This is great news. I am so happy to hear that the charges have been dropped. Best wishes to Ted Peck!

I'm kind of confused about the title for this thread though.

Carolyn
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carolyn...

I didn't get it at first either, but I think Terry means...

"Kerry is unfit for the command given to President Bush"
coffee
Founder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I can clarify the title of Terry's post. On Wednesday, 27 July a Congressman (who shall remain nameless for this post) presented the President with a copy of "Unfit For Command". It was a copy that many of the Swift Vets had signed during one of the DC trips last year. Many copies were signed so it was not a special copy for the President but it was great to know that he had been given a copy. I wonder if he had already read it before he got this copy??[img][/img]
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's odd coffee...one would think, after all, that the Pres must already have a copy since unimpeachable sources have already discovered that it was Carl Rove who actually WROTE the book Laughing Laughing Laughing
hmminCanada
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Unfit for Command Given to President bush Reply with quote

M#1, that is hilarious! If he hasn't read it yet, I hope he does while he's on vacation. Thanks for the clarification on the title.

Carolyn
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh.. these must be the same unimpeachable sources that tried to take down a president by creating documents poorly? You know... the ones that the MSM decided needed to be protected at any cost?

Sorry to divert from the original topic by does anyone know if the MSM has followed up on story of fake docs? Or was it conveniently forgotten?

Back to the subject, I'm sure Bush read Unfit for Command long ago, but being presented with a signed copy would certainly be an honor as well as a good news story. Did it make the front cover of the NYT? Will cBS be doing a program proving the books contents using their same unimpeachable sources that have proven so trustworthy in the past?

Something tells me it hurts certain news organizations anytime the truth comes out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: