SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Justice Breyer - Turn of the Tide

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JannDallas
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Justice Breyer - Turn of the Tide Reply with quote

Just saw on Fox where the Liberterians are going after Breyer's 167 acre home in NH on the imminent domain issue. Don't have much details on it, but they want to turn it into a place called "Justice Park." I also saw they were going after Souter's home too.

Maybe there is "Justice" after all.

If anyone can find some info about this, it might be worth a call of support for what they are trying to do.

I am still laughing over it.
margie
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: Justice Breyer - Turn of the Tide Reply with quote

JannDallas wrote:
Just saw on Fox where the Liberterians are going after Breyer's 167 acre home in NH on the imminent domain issue. Don't have much details on it, but they want to turn it into a place called "Justice Park." I also saw they were going after Souter's home too.

Maybe there is "Justice" after all.

If anyone can find some info about this, it might be worth a call of support for what they are trying to do.

I am still laughing over it.

I did hear about Souter''s home. The "selectmen" I think there are 5, essentially they are the town board were petitioned to take Souter's place for a group that wants to build a hotel there. Claiming that it would bring in more taxes (he paid less than 3000 in property taxes), would provide employment for the community etc. My husband and I signed the petition that was sent to the selectmen. That was several weeks ago, haven't heard anything more about it.
JannDallas
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As McDonald's would say "I'm Loving It." I hope they are successful. It is easy for them to sit there in the ivory tower and make judgments like this without thinking how it feels to have their home taken away from them. I hope all of the 5 get exactly what they ruled on done to them.
Tanya
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS LAND WAS YOUR LAND
Eminent domania!
Another Supreme home scoped for confiscation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: July 29, 2005

"Call it eminent domania.

Public outrage over the recent Supreme Court ruling allowing governments to seize private property and give it to another private party has spread to a second justice whose home is now targeted for confiscation.

Justice Stephen Breyer has joined his high-court colleague David Souter in feeling the wrath of the public, specifically the Libertarian Party of New Hampshire, which wants the city of Plainfield, N.H., to seize Breyer's 167-acre vacation retreat by eminent domain."

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=45516

Laughing Laughing Laughing
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Yeah. Reply with quote

Yeah, take their property and put in a McDonald's. Take from one clown and give to another.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: