SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry - Transfer from Cosdiv 13 to Cosdiv 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Kerry - Transfer from Cosdiv 13 to Cosdiv 11 Reply with quote

Does anyone have the actual date Kerry was transfered from Cosdiv 13 to Cosdiv 11 to assume command of PCF-94? It was some time in late Jan or eary Feb of '69.

The date of the Sreuli Fitrep from Cosdiv13 might help!
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry's site put's it as "late January... non-specific
http://www.johnkerry.com/about/john_kerry/service_timeline.html
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to look at the records on his site and for the page with the PH stuff it takes forever to load and when it finally does, it says done, but nothing is there. The one with after action reports loads this thing that it says it can't read and the words show up only to turn all black a second later. GRRRRRRRR
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the edification of interested readers, as has been mentioned already several times within this forum, with the limited information that has been provided by the Kerry campaign, it is impossible, to the best of my knowledge, to establish the EXACT date of Kerry's 3rd (and last) transfer from Coastal 13 BACK to Coastal 11.

Page 1 of LCDR Streuli's fitness report on Kerry's period of service with Coastal 13 is MISSING. That Page 1 would have established the EXACT date of Kerry's transfer. What you see preceding Page 2 of the Streuli report in the Kerry presentation is ACTUALLY Page 1 of George Elliot's CONCURRENT report submitted some 9 months after John Kerry's departure from Vietnam. WHY it is MISSING may occupy a bit of conversation in the coming weeks.
The bandit
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, ask Elliot?
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Precisely Bandit...and another question I need answered.

Wouldn't a requirement for a detachment fitrep from COSDIV11 be generated for Kerry's transfer out of Vietnam? If George Elliot filled one out for Kerry when, I believe, he should have, what happened to that fitrep?

It certainly wasn't in Kerry's personnel file when CHNAVPERS queried LCDR Elliot some 9 months later wondering where in the hell Kerry's fitrep was 'cause they needed it for his mustering out promotion to Lieutenant.

Questions...questions...questions
ASPB

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't we start a thread compiling the questions in Vets Only. Once it's compiled we email it to Latch. After that's done I'll be glad to call him to press for help and for access to the principals. Latch is Lonsdale for those that don't know.

What think?
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you make a ball park, I will come Smile
The bandit
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elliot the man to ask then since he vividly recalls a lot! Actually, believe or not, I may well have Elliots email, I found it to ask him something a while ago, then answered my own question and didn't bother disturbing him. It was a prodigy address, dunno if still valid.

Doubt could FOIA since I imagine it is considered personal?
ASPB

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email Latch@swiftvets.com and ask for a current address. Explain what you're looking to accomplish!
The bandit
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go start the thread and lets put together all our questions for George and then send to latch............

P.S. You convinced Short's first mission was the 28 yet?
ASPB

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen his press statement but no...to hammer Alston I need to know when he was wounded and how long he was off the boat.

Every indication I can find is that he was hit on 29 Jan with Ted Peck on the 94 boat before Kerry assumed command. If I'm right then Short came aboard the 94 Boat with Kerry...thus no Alston

Other than the one picture, I'm thinking he may have never actually served on 94 with Kerry. We'll see.....
The bandit
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Know anyone who has:

Spot Reports for January, 1969 (pdf: 2.4MB)

SpotReports_January1969.pdf

Kerry removed it, but was avail for a bit. Hoping someone kept a copy?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: