SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gen. McCaffrey - Sit down and SHUT UP, sir.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Gen. McCaffrey - Sit down and SHUT UP, sir. Reply with quote

I think my tolerance for any further observations from ret. Gen. McCaffrey has disappeared. While I always felt he had a certain degree of peevishness to his observations, I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

As a quick example, here's an observation from March 2003...

Quote:
"In my judgment, there should have been a minimum of two heavy divisions and an armored cavalry regiment on the ground -- that's how our doctrine reads," said retired Army Gen. Barry R. McCaffrey, who commanded the 24th Mechanized Infantry Division during the 1991 Gulf War .

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A21450-2003Mar24.html

OK...perhaps an arguable, honestly given opinion.

Today, he appears to have become almost defeatist...(emphasis mine)

Quote:
"It's a race against time because by the end of this coming summer we can no longer sustain the presence we have now," said retired Gen. Barry R. McCaffrey, who visited Iraq most recently in May and briefed Cheney, Rice and the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. "This thing, the wheels are coming off it."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8917944

If I see his face again on MSM, I'm going elsewhere. STFU, General, sir.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purging our leftist media of these Clinton era four stars and such could go a long way to helping the battles be won. How they have gone out of their way to recreate Viet Nam, including the all too familiar abandon the fight while we are winning seems almost as if they deem it a requirement that it become a fiasco.

We silenced these morons during WW2. Too bad they can't be silenced today as well.

Patton had it right when he said, in 1944, ". The bilious b*****ds who write that kind of stuff for the Saturday Evening Post don't know any more about real fighting under fire than they know about f*****g!"

Too bad it now encompasses some retired Generals.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They get thier 15 minutes of fame once they retire, problem is they try to stretch it out hoping to be a regular on cable news.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"It's a race against time because by the end of this coming summer we can no longer sustain the presence we have now," said retired Gen. Barry R. McCaffrey, who visited Iraq most recently in May and briefed Cheney, Rice and the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. "This thing, the wheels are coming off it."

To me, words like these can be spoken to the President, Def. Sec. and a few others in a closed, secret meetings in which planning for the current situation is going on or in closed sessions before the proper Senate committee.
But NEVER, NEVER EVER put out for public consumption even if the wheels are coming off. Especially by those who should know better.
News that the wheels are coming off should be dissemanated to the public only by the CinC after he has had every chance to keep the wheels from coming off.
Talk about getting 'hamstrung'.
It's hard to win a war with idiots running around spewing forth defeatest points of view that the enemy can and will use to bolster their moral and efforts. Shamful, just shameful General.
It almost looks like some people are determined to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Dusty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: