SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thank you swiftvets it is time to move on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Thank you swiftvets it is time to move on Reply with quote

It was a perfect storm kind of thing,

I was un-employed, my son had just graduated from Great Lakes Naval Academy in IL. I went down with his two brothers to ride the coasters at Great America while he was on liberty. It was great he wore his uniform so proudly and the public treated him respectfully, it wasn't that way for those of us who wore the uniform in the 70’s.

Then my Navy son was on another uniformed liberty in Chicago with his two brothers. His older brother later shared with me that some hippie on a bicycle waived his middle finger at them while they were in Chicago. That event sent me to the internet to uncover where this anti Uniformed American hostility was born.

I recalled the Jane & John rants of the guys I served with, so I started their. That is when I stumbled onto this site. As I read the statements Kerry made before a committee of senators and then the transcripts of the O'Neill - Kerry debate on the Dick Cavett show I realized that John Kerry fathered much of the anti uniformed American hostility that continues to exist with the episode my three sons experienced in Chicago. I could not believe that the democratic party was so morally bankrupt that they would nominate a man like Kerry. I knew that the Vietnam Veterans would come out to make certain he would never be CIC. However, I never thought it would be as close as it was and without a doubt if it was not for this site it would be CIC Kerry that our sons and daughters would be serving under.

So for now my mission is to defend the honor of this generation of troops. I am a passionate zealot about defending this generation of troops and doing all that I can to see that the experiences of this generation of troops is not the same as the Vietnam Era troops. So it is with this set of experiences I come to this forum and I assume others have the same passion, I realize my expectations are not realistic and it is time to find a forum who’s mission is more in line with my own.

I hoped the swiftvets would shift its energy into defending the honor of this generation of troops as to keep the anti war legacy of Kerry from continuing. But now this site is in hibernation with its mission successfully completed. I will always be grateful to the service of the swiftvets and that just a hand full of honorable men & women were able to change the outcome of an American Presidential election. What a country God bless the USA.

God bless you all

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police

Last edited by coldwarvet on Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I sure share your sentiments that brought you here in the first place CWV.
The nomination of John Kerry is what promted and energized this whole excersize. And it has been hugely successful too I might add.
That John Kerry is not president is proof of that.
I understand your drive to action on behalf of this generation of Military personel and admire you for it. And I think your ideas for showing support to the troops in this modern era are going to really help do that too. You have already got a good movement started with the Veterans day show of support project and I'll be glad to be able to do a little small part in making it happen.
Activism in pursuit of a good cause is a good thing I think.
I hope you find what you are looking for out there on the Internet, I'm sure it's there somewhere. Lots of places to go look and there are certainly some very active sites. The Freepers come to mind.
I hope you keep coming back here to report on your activities and let us know what's coming up that we might be able to take part in.
This is still one of the best places to trade information on I think. We for sure are all coming from the same place here and I sure enjoy being part of the site that was responsible in large part for John Kerry NOT being CinC.
Take care and keep us posted friend.
I can only speak for myself here of course but those are my sentiments.

Dusty
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
this site is dying a slow death with its mission successfully completed

I wouldn't say we are dying a slow death. More like in hibernation with new material coming forth slowly. Since the election is over, many people have moved on and yes, the forum is very slow. But the material archived here and freely available is invaluable, not only in exposing sKerry but others of that era as well.

I understand your zeal to protect and support our latest generation of warriors and share in your zeal. We must never allow what happened to those of us who returning from Viet Nam and the ones, like yourself, who came right after, to happen again. You have earned my respect for having that strong zeal.

I wish you Godspeed in your search for a forum that is more suited to your current needs. Feel free to check back with us from time to time and keep us updated.

Thank you for your efforts here as well.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes LewWaters, hibernation mode more accurately describes my true sentiment and I edited my post to reflect this sentiment. I will check in from time to time to see if this sleeping giant has awakened.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cwv
you ever get to nyc stop in at mcsorleys and ask for eddie
i buy you a beer.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know they are still here.. lying dormant.. waiting and planning for the next time they are needed to defend the country against sKerry... and I'm still here... and there are many of us that are helping (most more than I can :/) to gather info needed in case sKerry ever tries to pull something again..

They remind me of a Rock Rattlesnake:

Those of you that know about rattlesnakes in general, know they are very aggressive... BUT, a Rock Rattler is very passive.. until you step on it! You could practically pick it up and hold it as long as it's not p*ssed Smile I wouldn't try it myself though Wink

I've also heard it called the albino rattler... very rare and I've only seen 1 in my lifetime.
I used to go rattlesnake hunting when I was in my early to mid teens. My weapons were a big rock and a stick Wink (Hey, I'm from Texas) Wink

BTW: The one that I saw was almost completely grey (almost white)

and the biggest diamondback I ever killed (think I was about 13yo) was 5'5".. and had 17 rattles Very Happy (the rattles ended up hanging on the wall of the local Sheriff's Office)
markasass
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Hibernation - Yes, Slow Death - No Reply with quote

Although I haven't actually posted on SwiftVets very often since GWB defeated Hanoi John, I still check in often to review newly-posted material, and to remind myself how close we came to having an opportunistic, prevaricating, treasonous, and slanderous poseur as Commander-in-Chief. In fact, I'm still infuriated that this modern-day Benedict Arnold has not been disqualified from office and removed as US Senator. Aaaarrrggh! I suppose this is because we're still such a Christian nation at heart (thank goodness), and a significant number feel a little bit of compassion for this phoney-baloney loser, despite all the clear, convincing, and compelling empirical and anecdotal evidence of his treachery, betrayal, duplicity, disingenuousness, and cowardice. It still pains me that he's been allowed to remain in office as this disgraces the entire Congress and country, IMHO. Anyhoo ... I sincerely believe that GWB won because of two predominant groups of people. The first group was composed of folks that were primarily concerned with upholding our Founding Fathers' original intent of building this nation upon a foundation of Judeo-Christian principles and the twin supporting pillars of traditional morality and family values. These people were motivated to get to the polls, unlike in 2000, when millions sat out, in order to defeat a candidate that, e.g., claimed to be a pro-life Catholic, but actually voted repeatedly against banning the barbaric practice of partial birth abortion. In other words, a person that demonstrated no real core beliefs and flip-flopped on social- as well as fiscal- and defense-related issues. The second group was composed of folks that believed national security to be of the greatest importance. It was with this group that the SVPOWTs had their greatest influence. Due to the Swiftees' outstanding "outing" of the man "reporting for duty", it became crystal clear that Kerry had none of the qualities necessary to be an effective, respected, and admired CIC. Anyone that bothered to actually read Unfit for Command and the associated extant documentation, i.e., the FBI FOIA files, Congressonal Record archives, Dick Cavett Show transcripts, various news articles, Tour of Duty, and The New Soldier could come to no other logical conclusion than John F. Kerry was, beyond any reasonable doubt, UNFIT FOR COMMAND. For this, the noble men of SwiftVets deserve our undying appreciation, respect, admiration, and honor. I hope, trust, and pray they will be back out in full force in 2008 if Kerry dares to run yet again. While I may forgive what John Kerry has done in the past, I will never forget, and I hope NONE of us ever will. As Mark Alexander, the publisher of The Federalist Patriot, likes to say - "Lex et Libertas -- Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!" Thanks, again, honest and honorable Swift Boat Veterans and POWs for Truth, for being so vigilant, strong, prepared, and faithful! God bless and best wishes always!

"Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. To all the people you can. As long as you ever can." - Wesley

Last edited by markasass on Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: Hibernation - Yes, Slow Death - No Reply with quote

markasass wrote:
Although I haven't actually posted on SwiftVets very often since GWB defeated Hanoi John, I still check in often to review newly-posted material, and to remind myself how close we came to having an opportunistic, prevaricating, treasonous, and slanderous poseur as Commander-in-Chief. In fact, I'm still infuriated that this modern-day Benedict Arnold has not been disqualified from office and removed as US Senator. Aaaarrrggh! I suppose this is because we're still such a Christian nation at heart (thank goodness), and a significant number feel a little bit of compassion for this phoney-baloney loser, despite all the clear, convincing, and compelling empirical and anecdotal evidence of his treachery, betrayal, duplicity, disingenuousness, and cowardice. It still pains me that he's been allowed to remain in office as this disgraces the entire Congress and country, IMHO. Anyhoo ... I sincerely believe that GWB won because of two predominant groups of people. The first group was composed of folks that were primarily concerned with upholding our Founding Fathers' original intent of building this nation upon a foundation of Judeo-Christian principles and the twin supporting pillars of traditional morality and family values. These people were motivated to get to the polls, unlike in 2000, when millions sat out, in order to defeat a candidate that, e.g., claimed to be a pro-life Catholic, but actually voted repeatedly against banning the barbaric practice of partial birth abortion. In other words, a person that demonstrated no real core beliefs and flip-flopped on social- as well as fiscal- and defense-related issues. The second group was composed of folks that believed national security to be of the greatest importance. It was with this group that the SVPOWTs had their greatest influence. Due to the Swiftees' outstanding "outing" of the man "reporting for duty", it became crystal clear that Kerry had none of the qualities necessary to be an effective, respected, and admired CIC. Anyone that bothered to actually read Unfit for Command and the associated extant documentation, i.e., the FBI FOIA files, Congressonal Record archives, Dick Cavett Show transcripts, various news articles, Tour of Duty, and The New Soldier could come to no other logical conclusion than John F. Kerry was, beyond any reasonable doubt, UNFIT FOR COMMAND. For this, the noble men of SwiftVets deserve our undying appreciation, respect, admiration, and honor. I hope, trust, and pray they will be back out in full force in 2008 if Kerry dares to run yet again. While I may forgive what John Kerry has done in the past, I will never forget, and I hope NONE of us ever will. As Mark Alexander, the publisher of The Federalist Patriot, likes to say - "Lex et Libertas -- Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!" Thanks, again, honest and honorable Swift Boat Veterans and POWs for Truth, for being so vigilant, strong, prepared, and faithful! God bless and best wishes always!

Hear...hear! Well said.

Dusty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: