SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

O'reilly discussing Swift Vets again - with post show report

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dwight Callaway
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: O'reilly discussing Swift Vets again - with post show report Reply with quote

O'reilly just said he will be discussing Swift Vets next hour. That will be starting at 11:07 (Mountain Time), if your local station carries him live.

Dwight

Last edited by Dwight Callaway on Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dwight if you could post later what was said I would be grateful. Cannot listen to talk radio at work, only quiet music.
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
Dwight Callaway
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'reilly is Going to take calls on Swift Vets and left wing haters till. 12:00 mountain.

Just a lot of posturing to make himself look fair. He smashes the "Bush haters and the Kerry haters alike". He's upset because Swift Vet supporters have been posting attacks on his own forum. Attacking Rassman and attacking him for having Rassman on the air.

He also says he thinks Kerry did not go into Cambodia, but it was a "mistake" he made in the Senate. "Not a lie". But "you go into the voting booth and vote the way you think"

O'reilly is emotional and shaky. I think he knows Kerry is lieing, but he is scared to flip. This scandal is thermo-nuclear and O'reilly knows it!

With O'reilly it is all about Bill, all the time. Too much ego.

One of our guys(Brian) is dealing with him now and doing pretty good.

Last edited by Dwight Callaway on Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
hankholmes
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the show stream anywhere for free?
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been a big O'Reilly fan...but I'm dissappointed with his short attention span. Instead of trying to cosmetically discuss numerous topics, I would like to see more in depth discussions.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No - you have to be a member of Bill O'Reilly premium.

One caller did get him to admit that Kerry lied about Cambodia.

Another caller brought up the point that there may have been people who killed themselves when they got home, thanks to the VVAW's efforts to marginalize vets as war-crazed marauders, hair-triggered murderers, drug addicts and drunks.

There wasn't all that much to it.

O'Reilly is sticking to his line that Kerry's medals were duly rewarded and deserved and that he served honorably. Rolling Eyes
Dwight Callaway
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FINAL UPDATE after end of show.

About 6 callers were strongly anti Kerry. About 3 were anti Swift Vet. 3 were off topic.

Some O'reilly quotes:

"Kerry better be careful - (with his lieing problem) (said twice!)

"What motive would Kerry have to actually lie? (see reason below)

"Is it possible he convinced himself - discussion with co-host about possible "neurosis" of Kerry

"I don't want a president who does this (lies)

"If there is a pattern of behavior... it would disqualify him as president

"I have known Kerry a long time and he's .... deliberate, an opportunist, embellishes, preaches to the choir, will tell one group one thing and say something else to me ... but all politicians do that stuff

"I'm going to watch this closely

"He better retract this Cambodia stuff --- admit he was not there

"But he will be in big trouble if he does

At the end O'reilly says "By the way, this story was broken by FOXNEWS, Carl Cameron"

O'reilly was definitely shakey, scared, emotional at beginning of show, but calmed down. I think part of what's going on is he is in no hurry to "go there", he knows there is time and he is giving Kerry warning. He warned him twice. I also think he wants the "folks" to drag him to the conclusion that Kerry is pathological. Because he O'reilly is fair and balanced and this is an explosive story.

The answer to what motive would Kerry have to tell such a bald-faced lie on the Senate floor is A pathological liar does not need a motive. He cannot -- not lie.
This story fits Kerry's heroic fantasy and fiction he believes about himself. If you lie for decades, it can make you incapable of separating lies from reality. Clinton and Gore had the same problem. Kerry seems far worse.
Kerry is also arrogant and thinks he can fool people. The press will let him get away with it and the people are too stupid to catch him. And for a long time he was correct.

Some suggestions for dealing with O'reilly and winning him over. Knock off the hot-headed attack posts on his forums for starters!
Anytime you get on O'reilly's show or e-mail him, etc. ask him to have O'neill on as a guest, ask if he has read O'neill's book yet.
A few days ago, O'reilly said that he has not seen the packet that came with the Swift Vet TV ad. So has Swift Vets fedexed him a couple of copies yet and a few copies of O'neill's book.
Ask him to get Kerry and O'neill on his show. Or to get O'neill, Odell, etc. and any of the Kerry loyal crew on his show to debate and he can referee.

O'reilly will come around. He has a lot of egg on his face so he can't flip overnight. Too much ego. But he will; they all will. Stay positive.

Last edited by Dwight Callaway on Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwight Callaway wrote:
Kerry is also arrogant and thinks he can fool people. The press will let him get away with it and the people are too stupid to catch him. And for a long time he was correct.

For a long time he's been the junior Senator from Massachusetts.

Embarassed
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Callaway:

Thanks for the information. Those are very good recommendations. I re-posted them on www.lucianne.com (conservative forum) and gave a link to this thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: