SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ANGRY KIN CALL FOR A NEW PANEL ON 9/11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: ANGRY KIN CALL FOR A NEW PANEL ON 9/11 Reply with quote

I have been waiting for an outcry from 9/11 families. Kean's statement last week that Able Danger's findings were "not historically significant" has outraged them.
I think it's going to take pressure from the families to get an investigation going. Congress will not act until they get enough pressure that they have to admit there are big problems with the Commission's investigation (or lack thereof).

NY POST
Quote:
ANGRY KIN CALL FOR A NEW PANEL ON 9/11[/b]
By IAN BISHOP Post Correspondent
August 18, 2005

WASHINGTON — Sept. 11 families said yesterday they are outraged that military spies were blocked from sharing key intelligence that they say could have foiled the terror attacks — and are calling for a new commission to investigate.
"I'm angry that my son's death could have been prevented," seethed Diane Horning, whose son Matthew was killed at the World Trade Center. "It outrages me because it's taken four years to come out."

Families of the 9/11 victims have been rocked by revelations that the elite military intelligence unit Able Danger had identified four hijackers more than a year before the attacks — but were blocked by Pentagon lawyers from sharing their information with the FBI.

A coalition of family members known as the Sept. 11 Advocates blasted 9/11 commission leaders Thomas Kean and Lee Hamilton for pooh-poohing Able Danger's findings last week as not "historically significant."

"They somehow made a determination that this was not important enough. To me, that says somebody there is not using good judgment. And if I'm questioning the judgment in this one case, what other things might they have missed?" Mindy Kleinberg, a member of the Sept. 11 Advocates, told The Post.

"I don't think you can understate the significance here. You're talking about the four lead hijackers. If we shared information and did surveillance on them, there is no telling what we could have uncovered and what we could have thwarted.

"I think we do need a new commission, and that's really sad."

She also wants to know: "Who wasn't creative enough in the Department of Defense to figure out a way to get that information over to the FBI?"

Bill Doyle, whose son Joe was killed in the WTC, ripped 9/11 commission member Jamie Gorelick, who as President Clinton's deputy attorney general codified the separation between intelligence and investigative agencies in a 1995 memo. "What's disheartening is from the beginning, we said Jamie Gorelick had a conflict of interest," Doyle said.

“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
roughfun
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought it was the "Get Bush Commision". When they saw where it was going they wrapped it up quickly. Semper Fi
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How bout an investigation into what files Sandy Burglar was looking at and what's missing from them?
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rdtf wrote:
How bout an investigation into what files Sandy Burglar was looking at and what's missing from them?

Sandy was just padding his socks for the cold DC winters.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: