SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is this Open Season on Swifties?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Is this Open Season on Swifties? Reply with quote

http://www.mtexpress.com/index2.php?issue_date=08-17-2005&ID=2005104742

Pat Murphy

Quote:
Wednesday, August 17, 2005
The Idaho Mountain Express and Guide

When caught, deny

Commentary by Pat Murphy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By PAT MURPHY

Pat Murphy

Legend tells us George Washington claimed he couldn't lie, whereas Bill Clinton had no trouble with his lollapalooza of a fib, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Ms Lewinsky."

Honorably admitting error is out of character for most Americans. The operative admonition: when caught, deny.

This can be both shattering and ludicrous, such as when coming from the mouth of a high church official like Monsignor Eugene Clark, who easily topped Clinton's absurd denial of a sexual peccadillo.

The rector of St. Patrick's Cathedral in New York City, presumably loyal to his vow of chastity, was videotaped entering a motel with his much younger, longtime personal secretary -- he's 79, she's 46 -- then both emerging five hours later.

This is the same Monsignor Clark who blamed "liberal media" for creating the child molesting scandal involving Catholic priests and who frequently nags Catholics about their declining personal virtues.

He says the videotapes of him and his secretary are misconstrued.

Oh? How? He and his secretary enter the White Sands Motel in Amagansett, Long Island, 111 miles from their downtown Manhattan office. Five hours together in the motel room. When they emerge, a change of clothing. An afternoon of cards?

Monsignor Clark is another of those clerics who pontificates about sin, then is caught flagrante delicto in sin. He probably broke two of the Ten Commandments in the process -- adultery and coveting another's wife.

(TV comedian Jay Leno's zinger: Catholics are relieved the monsignor was with a woman, not a young boy.)

Just as absurd was the National Abortion and Reproductive Rights Action League (NARAL) denial that it smeared Supreme Court nominee Judge John Roberts in a TV spot. NARAL quickly pulled the outrageous ad when fellow liberals denounced it as mud slinging on a par with gutter ads of Swiftboat veterans who maligned Sen. John Kerry.

Major corporate CEOs caught plundering their companies of millions of dollars (Enron, Tyco, WorldCom) utter the most puerile denials. Accepting kingly salaries for their supposed acumen, when caught they whine they didn't know what was going on in their own companies.

Blame a lot of the denial culture on attorneys. A client's denial means a trial lasting weeks and fees, even if the client lands in prison.

The Japanese, who in 2001 had one attorney for every 7,325 citizens compared to one for every 288 U.S. citizens, still practice commendable, old-fashioned public confession of failure and shame.

Some even commit hari kari out of embarrassment.

Hmmmm. . . . .

http://www.mtexpress.com/index2.php?issue_date=08-17-2005&ID=2005104742

It seems like we've been singled out for lots of abuse by the Liberals. I think this is the third slander this week.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the subtle smears as an early effort to discredit anything you Swifties may have to say during the next election. Notice, they never give any basis for their smear or supply anything showing where you guys lied or were wrong, just say it and keep saying and the public will believe it and ignore the truth.

Everytime I am told what liars the SBVT are, I ask for the person to show me the lies, show me proof they lied. I usually am called a name and the conversation ceases. Rolling Eyes
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently you haven't seen Frank Rich's Op-Ed in the NYT today, titled "The Swift Boating of Cindy Sheehan."

The link is very long, and I don't know how to substitute a short one, so you can read Mr. Rich's poison by going through the Captain's Quarters link:

http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/archives/005278.php

This seems to be a hot trend among the progressive liberal set. It's probably not a coincidence that these kinds of themes are popping up suddenly. So expect more of the same.

note: URL amended to link to referenced CQ article/me#1
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:

Everytime I am told what liars the SBVT are, I ask for the person to show me the lies, show me proof they lied. I usually am called a name and the conversation ceases.

Yes, exactly! Blather, rinse, repeat... ad nauseam. But, never anything to back up their silly-azzed claims. And most people will absorb it without giving it any further thought.

If you repeat it often enough, it will become the truth.

Now, where did that idea come from? Seems to me that it was from someone whom a moral person would NOT want to emulate..... Rolling Eyes

But, as with all things concerning the moonbats, they could be out in left field as to whom they wish to be associated with. Wink
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
Apparently you haven't seen Frank Rich's Op-Ed in the NYT today, titled "The Swift Boating of Cindy Sheehan."

The link is very long, and I don't know how to substitute a short one, so you can read Mr. Rich's poison by going through the Captain's Quarters link:

http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/

This seems to be a hot trend among the progressive liberal set. It's probably not a coincidence that these kinds of themes are popping up suddenly. So expect more of the same.

Anker-Klanker:
I read through the entire thing. It is long and I lost track of how many times they used the term Swiftvet like it was something you need to scrape off your shoe. These Liberal creeps are really something else.

EJ:
Joseph Goebbels, the Nazi Minister of Propaganda for Adolf Hitler said, "If you tell a lie often enough, and loud enough, people will believe it. "

Jack
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
I read through the entire thing. It is long and I lost track of how many times they used the term Swiftvet like it was something you need to scrape off your shoe. These Liberal creeps are really something else.

The attacks are coming through channels many of you are not aware of, the attacks are both personal and as a group. I believe it is an effort to discredit us before the next elections or to try and take us out of the game, either legally or by the MSM who knows now how powerful we have been. Get your game face on and get ready to Rock and Roll cause we are in for the ride of our lives and it will get nasty. Tell me that your up to the task again?

note: BBCode edited/me#1
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
I see the subtle smears as an early effort to discredit anything you Swifties may have to say during the next election. Notice, they never give any basis for their smear or supply anything showing where you guys lied or were wrong, just say it and keep saying and the public will believe it and ignore the truth.

You took the words right out of my mouth... How'd you do that?!

Quote:
This is the same Monsignor Clark who blamed "liberal media" for creating the child molesting scandal involving Catholic priests and who frequently nags Catholics about their declining personal virtues.

He says the videotapes of him and his secretary are misconstrued.

Oh? How? He and his secretary enter the White Sands Motel in Amagansett, Long Island, 111 miles from their downtown Manhattan office. Five hours together in the motel room. When they emerge, a change of clothing. An afternoon of cards?

Not that I agree or disagree with this... but did they bother to check and see if they were even in the same room? Not to mention that it was with a woman and not a child... Confused
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this comment from the "Captain's Quarters" piece...

Jim O'Sullivan wrote:
Swiftboat. v, trans. (from the type of vessel one John Kerry served on while becoming, in his own mind, America's greatest combat sailor). 1. To tell unfortunate truths about the heroes of the American left.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got around to taking a look at "MTExpress" which hosted the story of this topic. Just to understand the "flavor" of this twice-weekly bird cage liner, here's a current poll they've seen fit to grace their current website home page...

Quote:
If a person was lucky enough to obtain the free tickets to hear the Dalai Lama in September in Hailey, and is now seeking to profit from the tickets, which of the following should happen to that person vis à vis Karma:

1. He should be reincarnated as a cockroach.
  2. He should contract leprosy in his private parts.
  3. He should lose his mind after being duct taped in a rat-infested cellar.
  4. He should lose everything he owns, be disowned by his selfish and cruel family and contract Elephantiasis.

Moonbats...plain and simple.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
Joseph Goebbels, the Nazi Minister of Propaganda for Adolf Hitler said, "If you tell a lie often enough, and loud enough, people will believe it. "

LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtboone wrote:
The attacks are coming through channels many of you are not aware of, the attacks are both personal and as a group. I believe it is an effort to discredit us before the next elections or to try and take us out of the game, either legally or by the MSM who knows now how powerful we have been. Get your game face on and get ready to Rock and Roll cause we are in for the ride of our lives and it will get nasty. Tell me that your up to the task again?

To paraphrase what another sailor said onboard the Bonhomme Richard on September 23, 1779 - We have not yet begun to fight.
mathman
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: KEEP GOING Reply with quote

These examples are the best reason to keep the Swift Vets program going. The constant lies and slanders will simply not stop. It is now firmly established in the MSM that the Swift Vets made it all up, and that all Swift Vet charges have been disproven.
Well, I have the book. I have read the book. There is no assertion in the book which I know to have been refuted.

THAT is why the 250+ Swift Vets, and all their allies and friends, must never quit.
Very Happy
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the gift of gab and am not very good at making points as many of you certainly are.. but I still see an ochestrated pattern to the attacks against the SVFT. As far as I can see, they went right past the part where they would present truth to back their attacks. Just as said above.. tell a lie....

I have sent many e-mails asking for proof of these allegations from several of the links provided here.. so far, not a single response from the people that choose to attack the Swifties defending their methods and positions.

That is why I think these attacks are orchestrated. They all have the same response...none.. and they use the same tactic.. hit and run. I wish I had the talents of some of you. Please keep up the good work.
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtboone wrote:
BuffaloJack wrote:

I am fortunate to have found this thread Mr. Boone. I just pm'd  Me#1You#10 about this issue. I'll ask the same of you and everyone here...... I can tell you from much travelling the net that the term 'Swift Boat Liars' has indeed become overwhelmingly COMMON use by the democrats. Defense by claiming that the group has never been proven to have lied, results in a barrage of links and websites, some devoted entirely to proving otherwise. (media matters, eriposte, sourcewatch, etc.) There seems no easy way to get the record straight and I am very concerned, especially now that Kerry and the country seem intent on reliving 1971, that this is an issue that the SBVT are going to have to combat should the decide it necessary to 'stand up'. SBVT is going to find THEY, like us, are put immediately on the defensive, rather than Kerry.

Any suggestions on how we, as supporters of SBPT can 'set the record straight' again. It appears that while we were standing down, lots of 'someones' have been standing up, against us.

Kimberly

(I found this site to be often used as research for 'rebuttal')
http://swiftvets.eriposte.com/sbv_v_sbv.htm#4_1
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at it this way, they use the term because they know we told the truth and it worked. Liberals are afraid of the power we yield with the truth and know we will be back again. I for one am ready for the next attack, count me in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: