SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LANCE ARMSTRONG SEARCHED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: LANCE ARMSTRONG SEARCHED Reply with quote

Armstrong searched

The Associated Press Friday, August 5, 2005; 11:00 PM
PARIS, France --

Lance Armstrong's record setting seventh Tour de France victory, along with his entire Tour de Franc! e legacy, may be tarnished by what could turn out to be one of the greatest sports scandals of all time. Armstrong is being quizzed by French police after three banned substances were found in his South France hotel room while on vacation after winning the 2005 Tour de France.

The three substances found were toothpaste, deodorant, and soap which have been banned by French authorities for over 75 years.

Armstrong's girlfriend, American rocker Sheryl Crowe, is quoted as saying " We use them every day in America, so we naturally thought they'd be ok throughout Europe."

Along with these three banned substances, French authorities also physically searched Armstrong and found several other interesting items that they had never seen before, including a backbone and a testicle.
becca1223
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

LMAO!!

The French sore losers can SHOVE IT where the sun don't shine Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

An American tourist in London found himself needing to urinate something terrible. After a long search he just couldn't find any public bathroom to relieve himself. So he went down one of the side streets to take care of business. Just as he was unzipping, a London police officer showed up.

"Look here, old chap, what are you doing?" the officer asked.

"I'm sorry," the American replied, but I really gotta take a leak."

"You can't do that here," the officer told him. "Look, follow me."

The police officer led him to a beautiful garden with lots of grass, pretty flowers, and manicured
hedges. "Here," said the policeman, "whiz away."

The American tourist shrugged, turned, unzipped, and started peeing on the flowers. "Ahhh," he said in
relief. Then turning toward the officer, he said,
"This is very nice of you. Is this British courtesy?"

"No," retorted the policeman. "It's the French Embassy."
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berry, very good!
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those stinking bstasds..
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping this for a little comic relief

I heard the French searchers also confiscated Sheryl Crowe's razor not being sure what it was or what it was used for.
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I posted that story about Lance Armstrong last fall in here and it got removed by admin because it is not fair to pick on any specific group. Although I personally like the joke, I agreed with them that it may be insulting to some people of french heritage. The Swifties are under attack from so many different directions that maybe we should try and keep our comments high and dry to show them we are an upstanding group and do not stoop to the levels of the lefties in this country.
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Point well taken!
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nutso said:

Quote:
The Swifties are under attack from so many different directions that maybe we should try and keep our comments high and dry to show them we are an upstanding group and do not stoop to the levels of the lefties in this country.

I agree with this statement. However if you put RFK jr. in front of me right now I would gleefully beat him to a pulp.

These evil little minds, politicize our soldiers, and now they politicize natural disaster.

As to cultures which serve up horse meat, I don't give a damn, give em john kerry, please.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, this has gone over the top.

I admit that we have become lax about enforcing our forum rules as the traffic level has dropped to just we handful of regular posters.

Plus, I think we're all sick of the French and their repeated betrayals.

I'm deleting at least one of the comments made on this thread.

Rants in general are one thing. No one's asking the members left here to be 100% politically correct.

But, attacking Swifties on their own forum is just NOT a real swift idea. That is simply unacceptable.
roughfun
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin note:

Please refrain from commenting on matters relating to the administration of this forum. If you have a complaint/observation/suggestion, please direct it to a moderator or administrator via private message (PM).

Let's get this thread back on topic.

Thank you/me#1
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't get me wrong, I am not attacking the swifties in any way, quite the opposite, I have nothing but the utmost respect for everyone in this forum. When I originally posted that and it was pulled, I AGREED with that action. Like I said, I enjoy the jokes and have a lot more I could add, but as long as sKerry is loose we need to be aware of not giving them any amo they can fire back with.
If anyone is or was offended by me please accept my apologies. I am x-Navy from 74-78 and have found that this group has made me change so many ways of thinking. I am humbled by what some of you had to do, and I thank you for it.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not even sure I can be considered a 'regular' poster >.< Wink

MJ
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say that you were and you have a fascinating insight.

You guys over seas give me a view from 'outside' the preverbial box.
Very Usefull.
roughfun
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin note:

Please refrain from commenting on matters relating to the administration of this forum. If you have a complaint/observation/suggestion, please direct it to a moderator or administrator via private message (PM).

Let's get this thread back on topic.

Thanks, Lew
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: