SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry's Iraq strategy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:59 am    Post subject: Kerry's Iraq strategy Reply with quote

Quote:

KERRY’S MISSING IRAQ STRATEGY
Former Kerry Advisor Admits the Obvious

Posted by Jacob Laksin @ Friday 2 September 2005, 9:20 pm
I suspect this will not come as news to readers, but I nevertheless thought it worth noting a report that proves — just in case more proof was needed — what has been evident all along: For all his rhetorical acrobatics, John Kerry did not in the end have a policy for Iraq. In an interview with leftish New York Observer, Noah Feldman, a professor of law at NYU and a liberal supporter of the Iraq war who served as a foreign policy advisor to the Kerry campaign, admits the following:

“John Kerry, who was the great hope for people like us, completely finked out. He had no Iraq policy,” said Mr. Feldman. “Many of us were on various advisory committees in the Kerry campaign, and we submitted our memos up the chain, and they were assiduously ignored. No one’s really listening.”
No, this is not to excuse the mistakes that have been made in Iraq. It is simply to acknowledge the obvious: The last election did not provide us with two competing visions for winning in Iraq. The choice was between a strategy that, for all its flaws, had victory — defined as a stable and semi-democratic Iraq — as its ultimate destination, and a smattering of sound bites consistent only in their failure to grasp the stakes. As Mr. Feldman (surely unintentionally) reminds us, Americans made the right choice.

-Wlm Shakespeare
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, Heh. I love it!!
Even the Left recognize JfnK as an empty suit.
A Pompous A** who never had an original thought in his life.
Even his own father called him 'sophomoric'!!!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What bothers me to this day is just how many votes that man was able to garner and that is after removing the 20 percent Democrats illegally cast every 4 years. Mad
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of sKerry, he's been strangely quiet on the whole Hurricane ordeal. Bill Frist went down there and volunteered his medical skills to help out. Others, of both parties, I hope, are donating or helping out where they can. But, so far, I haven't heard a word from either of our fine Senators from Massachussetts.
wpage
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Speaking of sKerry, he's been strangely quiet on the whole Hurricane ordeal. Bill Frist went down there and volunteered his medical skills to help out. Others, of both parties, I hope, are donating or helping out where they can. But, so far, I haven't heard a word from either of our fine Senators from Massachussetts.

That does seem very unusual. Could it be that they helped push through the the boondoggle USACE Inner Harbor Navigation Canal (IHNC) project or maybe benefitted from it? Has anyone yet identified that this project is precisely where one of the levee retaining walls collapsed into the 9th ward?
http://www.mvn.usace.army.mil/prj/ihnc/index.asp

Kerry and Kennedy have very close ties to Louisiana. Kennedy married Judge Edmund Reggie's daughter from Louisiana. The judge and his son have both been in serious trouble.

http://www.tulanelink.com/tulanelink/reggiecasea_box.htm

Judge Reggie's son, Ray Reggie, recently was indicted and pled guilty for $6 million New Orleans bank fraud.
http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/lam/press/press0501.html#reggie

BTW, Hillary Clinton used Ray Reggie to raise campaign funds.

Boston Globe
note: URL converted to hyperlink/me#1

Quote:
Hillary Clinton aide reportedly taped
Kennedy in-law said to aid the FBI
By Michael Kranish, Globe Staff | April 24, 2005

WASHINGTON -- Senator Edward M. Kennedy's brother-in-law secretly taped at least one telephone conversation as part of an FBI investigation into a former aide to Senator Hillary Clinton, according to published reports.

Raymond Reggie, a brother of Kennedy's wife, Victoria Reggie Kennedy, pleaded guilty Thursday on federal bank fraud charges in New Orleans.

<snip>

AND another possible tie in below. Where does the Port of New Orleans get this money spent supposedly as trade missions? Isn't the Levee Commission contracting the Port of New Orleans on ocassions?

http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/frontpage/index.ssf?/base/news-4/1123915702232310.xml
Quote:
Probe seems to target Africa dealings
Source: Jeffersons' ties to firms also of interest
Saturday, August 13, 2005
By James Varney and Bruce Alpert
Staff writers
The federal investigation that led to raids last week on the homes and offices of U.S. Rep. William Jefferson of New Orleans seems to have focused on possible African business dealings, as well as a company that lists Jefferson's wife as a director, according to a person who has seen the search warrants.

<snip>

In April 2004, iGate and the Port of New Orleans were corporate sponsors of a trip that sent two Democratic representatives to Brazil, although Jefferson did not participate, records show.

Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lew said
Quote:

Look at the resources he and his wife have. Look how they spend them.

Some time ago I read a interview of one of her child hood pals in Africa. Thier complaint was that Mrs Kerry continually called her self 'African American'.... but the town they were from was racked with poverty.

She had never gone back and done anything to help those so unfortunate where she grew up living as a total aristocrat.

All these guys have to give anymore is just endless hatred. They are the party of hatred.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sKerry does seem to have the standardized appeal on his website, urging others to help and donate, but he sure hasn't been speaking publicly on this, that I've seen yet. Shouldn't he be right there too, showing us all how he could have done it better? Rolling Eyes

Another strange silence is from New York. Our Junior Senator and POTUS Candidate that is and isn't running, Hillary. Shocked
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everytime sKerry raises his head up from the fox hole we will remind him he has never signed a SF 180 for the "General" release of all his military records. Not the version he fed to his most supportive media outlets.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: