SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FEMA's Brown falls on sword...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: FEMA's Brown falls on sword... Reply with quote

.... or, as Krauthammer put it on Brit's show tonight, "He was pushed onto his sword." Not that Brown is an inspiring leader, but if the governor of Louisiana and the mayor of NOLA had carried out their own written disaster plan, Brown's troops would have been arriving at just about the right time to do what their charter specifies - relief following planned disaster mitigation.

Apparently, the President has the power (seldom if ever used) to override posse comitatus and order just about anything he wants to do if everything seems to be falling apart but, also from Brit's show, wouldn't the lefties have a field day if a black mayor and a woman governor were tossed out on their cans?

The President will have to suck it up and wait until the good works of all the good souls now working to help the situation are finally recognized. What's sad is this could have been a vastly lesser tragedy if a psychotic mayor and a ditz governor had done the right thing in the first place.

So sad for the affected NO residents and the President.

Schadow
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't call the round on Brown over just yet. He is still the head of FEMA.
A lot of pundits on tv may be jumping the gun and misreading the tea leaves.
And as far as I can tell, he did everything he was supposed to do before the storm hit.
Time will tell.

Dusty
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychotic, ditz, now thats scrap book material Laughing how about "the dynamic duo!? ba-de ba-de thats all folks! Wink .....stay tuned..It'll get better!
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TV interview last night: Hizonor the mayor said "there is plenty of blame to go around". Asked what he could have done better he said "I should have screamed louder".........not "I should have followed the plan or I should have used those busses or I should have prepositioned a few water tankers or I should have made the manditory evac call earlier or I should have overruled the State HLS guy about letting in the Red Cross trucks on Monday or................................. The man is still acting like he is an innocent victim.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dusty wrote:
I wouldn't call the round on Brown over just yet. He is still the head of FEMA.
A lot of pundits on tv may be jumping the gun and misreading the tea leaves.
And as far as I can tell, he did everything he was supposed to do before the storm hit.
Time will tell.

Dusty

I agree fully. Apparently, Brown's performance in the aftermath of the four crisscrossing hurricanes in Florida last year was exemplary (well, maybe with the exception of the $31 million of FEMA money that wound up in Dade County which had next to no damage).

Jeb Bush had a lot of legacy to work with to make sure that local disaster plans were workable and in place before that series of storms hit. The "leaders" in Louisiana, probably unintentionally, set Brown up for criticism through their total failure to perform.

Schadow
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hypocracy just goes on and on. Maybe Brown should have been fired, but I don't know that. I do know that everyone's rushed to judgment before all the facts are in, and are making up "facts" to support their emotionalism or political agendas.

But let's compare the outrage over Brown and the lack of outrage over the Gov and Hizonor in the media. MSM is trying to paint them as "victims" worthy of our sympathy - after all, the MSM says, they stood up to Bush's bullying (trying to get them to do something, for Pete's sake!).

Nope, in the current climate, there's NO chance that valuable lessons are going to be learned from this disaster.
Demaris
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And of course, the liberals are completely ignoring the fact that most of the victims who survived the hurricane in Louisiana...are wanting to stay in Texas.

TV stations keep interviewing the survivors, and I've also heard this from hearsay that my daughter gets from her co-workers who have friends and relatives that came to Houston on their own to New Orleans.

The sentiment is, we have nothing to go back to. We've wanted to leave NO for a long time, and Katrina gave us just the kick we needed. And the people of my home state, TX, have gone out of their way to help these victims.

Kinda makes you wonder what the liberal press is thinking about these poor victimized folks seizing the opportunity to better their lives in Texas instead of going back to Louisiana doesn't it?

I know Houston ISD just hired a whole bunch of teachers (myself included) to work with the students who are victims of Hurricane Katrina. We are expecting 400 kids at the middle school where I'll be teaching and there are at least a dozen of us who will be working strictly with the Louisiana kids teaching them the subjects they need to learn. Teachers have even come out of retirement to help.

Of course, a lot of this is being funded through Uncle Sugar, but aren't I glad we (red staters) are there to help...? You betcha!
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I should of screamed louder" That's what Nagin had to say? Nagin, you are no Rudy Guiliani! I'd love to see a poll taken of LA residents on the performance of Nagin and Blanco. Since it hasn't happened yet (or at least been published Wink ) you can bet it ain't good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: