SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PinC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:11 am    Post subject: PinC Reply with quote

The local Talk statation, KFYI lead by the 'nearly famous' Barry Young, leadin to Rush advises us that these New Orleans refugees are to be avoided. Invite them into your home and they'l lay-about expecting their Well-Fare check, loot your home with undeclared dependents, establish crack-houses under your roof and if you try to evict them will ju-jitsu you with the landlord/tenant act to claim your property and effectively disenfranchise you. Moreover, they so far are worth 600k each per Bush's latest approved bill and you? 9/11 relatives won the lottery and these people?

New Orleans was the armpit of the War on Poverty where every stragem had failed, the political class enjoyed the corruption, their principal income was the tricle down of debauched Mardi Gras marks. Rolling a sailor was a minor/easy merit.

Nice it would be if this dislocation broke the paradigm of societal dependence. Wish it were that free of the confines of the Big Easy's corruption these pilgrims would learn better ways. I agree with Barbara Bush that these people never had it so good!

How much should we give? What need they prove? Why is there doubt? Would we care differently if they were the survivors of Boston?

-Wlm Shakespeare
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to say, but some people have reputations that preceed them.
A large number of N.O. residents being a case in point.
I hope they don't live up to it. Although if the display of manners at the Superdome is any indication, I would not take bets they won't.
The only solution is to treat them right until they make us treat them otherwise.

Dusty
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the dog and pony free money give away after 9/11, I will be carefull as to where to donate my money. Jesse Jackson has convinced me that my money is racist,soooooo I guess I'm thinking now about the familys of the guard members and the pets left behind. They'll be snowboarding in hell before Jacksons guilt/shakedown games get a penny out of em-wa. Rolling Eyes
Demaris
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already heard gossip from some of my fellow teachers that speak of looting and stealing of cars around the Astrodome area, and a slight increase in crime since these folks came in.

Nevertheless, I think the majority of them are decent folks. And a lot of them have decided to stay right here in Texas. Well, there's certainly a large Black community that will help them get established, but there's only so much bling to go around, ya know?

I wonder how long it will be before HPD starts a new recruitment drive?
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust me, HPD is gona feel it first. I'm just curious who pays the welfare checks? I've been to Houston, and I felt like I could of been born there. I just hope the nu-bees appreciate what good people Texans are. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: