SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

And so it goes on...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject: And so it goes on... Reply with quote

Does anyone have a dirty sock. Nancy Pelosi's mouth is open.
Excerpt:
Quote:
Top Democrats expressed unhappiness at the announced congressional investigation, to be run by a panel comprised of more Republicans than Democrats. The committee "is not truly bipartisan ... cannot write legislation, and will not have bipartisan subpoena power," Pelosi said.

In a letter to one Republican, Reid pressed for a wide-ranging investigation and asked: "How much time did the president spend dealing with this emerging crisis while he was on vacation? Did the fact that he was outside of Washington, D.C., have any effect on the federal government's response?"

McClellan brushed aside Reid's suggestion, saying the senator would not have engaged in "such personal attacks" if he were aware of Bush's efforts both before and after the storm.

Pelosi, speaking at a news conference, said Brown had "absolutely no credentials" when Bush picked him to run FEMA.

She related that she urged Bush at the White House on Tuesday to fire Brown.

"He said, 'Why would I do that?'" Pelosi said.

"I said because of all that went wrong, of all that didn't go right last week.' And he said 'What didn't go right?'"

"Oblivious, in denial, dangerous," she added.

McClellan disputed Pelosi's account of the meeting, and later, Brown sidestepped when asked whether he had offered his resignation.

It fell to Ken Mehlman, head of the Republican Party, to counterattack. "While countless Americans are pulling together to lend a helping hand, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid are pointing fingers in a shameless effort to tear us apart," he said.

Reid's spokesman, Jim Manley, called the criticism "typical distractive drivel from a Bush frontman trying to avoid answering honest questions."

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050908/ap_on_go_pr_wh/katrina_washington

Dusty
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pelosi runs off at the mouth just to hear her gums rattle Wink

She's never had a decent idea about anything that I've heard of, just spits venom.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-write that statement, While sharing a hot-tub with a stranger, Nancy P---- Cool
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're Liberals that's what they do.
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Bag it. Reply with quote

Need a plastic bag from Wal Mart to cover up that sock, too. Fugly is the word.
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nasty mean-spirited lying son of a guns. The microscope that they want used on the Bush administration needs to be used on La and NO and themselves.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: And so it goes on... Reply with quote

[quote="dusty"]Does anyone have a dirty sock. Nancy Pelosi's mouth is open.
Excerpt:
Quote:
Top Democrats expressed unhappiness at the announced congressional investigation, to be run by a panel comprised of more Republicans than Democrats. The committee "is not truly bipartisan ... cannot write legislation, and will not have bipartisan subpoena power," Pelosi said.

In a letter to one Republican, Reid pressed for a wide-ranging investigation and asked: "How much time did the president spend dealing with this emerging crisis while he was on vacation? Did the fact that he was outside of Washington, D.C., have any effect on the federal government's response?"

<SNIP>
Dusty

Possibly:
Most of us are old enough to remember the tremendous effect Jimmy Carter had by staying in the White House when Iran took the hostages. not
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I know why the Democrats have an A-s-s for their symbol.

BuffaloJack wrote:

They're Liberals that's what they do.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From another forum... Laughing

Quote:
A woman in a hot air balloon realized she was lost. She lowered her altitude and spotted a man in a boat below.

She shouted to him, "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The man consulted his portable GPS and replied, "You're in a hot air balloon, approximately 30 feet above a ground elevation of 2346 feet above sea level. You are at 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees, 49.09 minutes west longitude.

She rolled her eyes and said, "You must be a Republican."

"I am," replied the man. "How did you know?"

"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to do with your information, and I'm still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help to me."

The man smiled and responded, "You must be a Democrat."

"I am," replied the balloonist. "How did you know?"

"Well," said the man, "you don't know where you are or where you're going. You've risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise that you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. You're in exactly the same position you were in before we met but, somehow, now it's my fault."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: