SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FINALLY: Something on the Huffington post worth reading

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: FINALLY: Something on the Huffington post worth reading Reply with quote

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/greg-gutfeld/huffpo-emergency-bush-bas_b_7035.html

This really got the asylum stirred up ... make sure you browse the comments!
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:01 am    Post subject: Re: FINALLY: Something on the Huffington post worth reading Reply with quote

I don't see anything worth reading. What part are you saying is worth reading?

jwb7605 wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/greg-gutfeld/huffpo-emergency-bush-bas_b_7035.html

jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: FINALLY: Something on the Huffington post worth reading Reply with quote

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking ... hope this helps:

Ohio Voter wrote:
I don't see anything worth reading. What part are you saying is worth reading?

jwb7605 wrote:

What I found worthwhile include the following:
(a) a blogger critical of left-wing-extremists is encouraged to post by the owner of a nominally left-wing extremist site. Those people (if you read the comments and the blogger's 'bio') are typically bounced from other sites, and their replies deleted.

(b) whether you find the post funny or not (I did), the 'multiple choice' options given to many of the questions fit the scenarios perfectly, which:

(c) bring out the worst of the left-wing contingent, with additional responses from an apparent right-wing contingent.

(d) This site and, apparently, Huffington's site, do have one thing in common: both places allow disagreement. What I found interesting is that when a moonbat lands here, his/her basic operating thesis consists of "Bush lied" and "no war for oil' ... or whatever. The "problem" is that moonbats don't tend to come back to this site much. They tend to leave as soon as possible.

Quote:
Have you ever claimed that you are a fiscal Republican?
Just so you can spout lefty crap at parties?
You still go home alone, don't you?

Stuff like the above totally enrages the moonbat segment at Huffington's site. The interesting part, to me, was the wide range of liberals replying (forget the conservatives, for stuff like this):

Quote:
Posted by: Chris on September 08, 2005 at 04:54PM
So basically this was written so "Liberals" will get upset (even though they answer "no" to 99 percent of your hilarious questions), and "Conservatives" can pat you on the back and tell you it's the greatest post EVER (yeah fatmikemoore, we get it, you love the construction worker post)?

And you can claim some sort of moral high ground because you edit a magazine that routinely features a half naked Brooke Burke on the cover?

Pointless and arrogant. Nice combo.

I agree with the large majority of opinions on this site, which are admittedly conservative, but if you only listen to and read things that support your viewpoint, I submit you will be unable to actually define the term "moonbat". Bats, like any other winged creature, need botha left and a wing to be able to continue their journey towards the moon.

I also agree with the last quote above. One of these days, I hope to be able to explain exactly what it means.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a huge puffington fan, please pass the salt! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: