SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Camp Casey Memorial Stolen-Casey Sheehan's Boots Gone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Camp Casey Memorial Stolen-Casey Sheehan's Boots Gone Reply with quote

Camp Casey Memorial Stolen
Casey Sheehan's Boots Are Gone

By Deborah Mathews
Staff Writer

September 15, 2005 3:23 PM

CRAWFORD — The Camp Casey Memorial on Prairie Chapel Road was removed by thieves earlier today. Not a single item is left at the memorial site.

Crew members working for McLennan County said they witnessed items being removed by an unidentified individual and contacted their office to inform commissioners.

Upon arrival at Camp Casey, honor guard members who had been at the Crawford Peace House immediately called McLennan County Sheriff’s Deputy R. Polansky to report the theft.

Among the items stolen were numerous crosses, Casey Sheehan’s boots, tents, and other items.

The 26-day vigil of Cindy Sheehan outside the Bush ranch ended with a cross-country tour to spread the anti-war message. Camp Casey became a semipermanent memorial, to remain until the Veterans For Peace organization could establish a solemn removal ceremony.

Items that remained at the Camp Casey Memorial following Sheehan’s departure were the three original tents under a pavilion, crosses of the war dead, signs, and personal items of the individuals involved.
Members of the guard filed a report with the McLennan County Sheriff Office.

The three honor guard volunteers diligently listed, item by item, the belongings that were stolen from the site. Tents, pillows, signs, books, a box of literature, sleeping bags, an air mattress, flowers, plants, tarps, memorial crosses — even Casey Sheehan’s boots that stood in front of the small wooden cross bearing his name. Virtually every item that was at Camp Casey is gone.

Veterans For Peace member and....

Continued at: http://198.65.14.85/News/2005/37-38/37news10.htm
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good, I will be watching for the junk on e-bay! Wink
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: The President Reply with quote

And where was President Bush at the time?
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I knew how, I'd doctor up a photo with GB wearing the boots and send it to Mikey Pigmoore! Wink
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blue9t3 wrote:
If I knew how, I'd doctor up a photo with GB wearing the boots and send it to Mikey Pigmoore! Wink

parrot is good at that Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: