SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Carter Baker Commission

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:14 am    Post subject: Carter Baker Commission Reply with quote

Anybody catch any of this.

The Fed's have paid these people to come up with a program for photo IDs to vote. They can't even agree on their final report. Carter implies the $25 fee constitutes a poll tax and is repugnant. Baker argues it's already paid and legislated for. I must be missing something in the exposition but still want my money back.

Seems to me if you've a drivers license you've a photo ID and have paid a tax. If you've paid no taxes $25 for 5 years seems a small price to pay to participate in elections (the Constitution suggests 100 acres or its equivilent as a condition of suffrage).

Registered 'independent' I'm an election inspector in a Democrat precinct. I find it comical that I cannot demand proof of identity but was reprimanded because the well-fare office where we vote had Prop' 200 (illegal aliens need not apply) signs in view of the location.

We accept all takers and if you're misdocumented you get a 'provisional ballot' which means you're float tested.

-Wlm Shakespeare
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This 'anybody that walks up can vote' thingy is so messed up.
We got to get a handle on this. Hell, give the damn photo id, just make sure they are a citizen first.
No wonder the Commiecrats get so many votes. Most of them aren't even legal citizens. Take that away from them and they would really be in the dumps.
Can't think of anyother reason they would fight so hard against identification of legal voters.

Dusty
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever Jimmuh recommends, we do the opposite. Jimmuh's ideas are disasters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: