SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

kerry and the flying dog - any truth?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevesturm
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: kerry and the flying dog - any truth? Reply with quote

I while back OpinionJournal had a story which just sounded too strange to be true - I posted on it but until I learned of this forum had no ability to run it by anyone who would know.

In the story, Kerry claimed that his boat had adopted a local dog which, after his boat had hit a mine, flew through the air landing unhurt on the deck of another boat.

Anybody out there who can support this story?

Here's the link to my posting for anyone who is interested;

http://thoughtsonline.blogspot.com/2004/03/james-taranto-links-to-kerry-story.html

Thanks and good luck.
arjr111
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In the story, Kerry claimed that his boat had adopted a local dog which, after his boat had hit a mine, flew through the air landing unhurt on the deck of another boat.

The dog has recently refuted this story! Very Happy
Sgt-Keeper
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Steve Reply with quote

That is probably true because when that dog got back on Kerrys boat, the day he picked up Rassman, he actually bit Kerry in the a$$. That is the true story of the 4th PH, but because it was canine inflicted as opposed to enemy or self inflicted, the Navy denied the award. Honest!
arjr111
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is also ridiculous about this story, is that the other Swiftboat was close enough to catch Kerry's "flying" dog, but not close enough for it's crews' recollections regarding Kerry, to be considered valid by the mainstream media nor even O'Reilly!
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Steve Reply with quote

Sgt-Keeper wrote:
That is the true story of the 4th PH, but because it was canine inflicted as opposed to enemy or self inflicted, the Navy denied the award. Honest!

The reason we didn't hear about #4 is because, as the old newspaper saying goes " if a dog bites a man, that's not news - but if a man bites a dog, THAT's news"

Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: