SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Breaking: Governor Pataki Says No to IFC at Ground Zero!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Breaking: Governor Pataki Says No to IFC at Ground Zero! Reply with quote

we did it!!!!

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/newyork/nyc-free0929,0,350715.story?coll=ny-top-headlines

Quote:
Pataki pulls Ground Zero museum

BY THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

September 28, 2005, 5:14 PM EDT

Gov. George Pataki on Wednesday ousted a proposed freedom museum from its site at ground zero, declaring that the International Freedom Center has generated "too much opposition, too much controversy" to remain.

The decision follows months of acrimony over the Freedom Center, with furious families and politicians saying that the museum would dishonor the memory of the 2,749 people who died at the World Trade Center.

"We must move forward with our first priority, the creation of an inspiring memorial to pay tribute to our lost loved ones and tell their stories to the world," Pataki said in a statement
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

an email I just received:

Quote:
We are very pleased to announce that Governor Pataki has announced the removal of the International Freedom Center (IFC) from Ground Zero. See http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/28/AR2005092801849.html for details.

Every since June 8, 2005 when Debra Bulingame's op-ed, The Great Ground Zero Heist, appeared in the Wall Street Journal, we have fought together for the preservation of the dignity of Ground Zero. With your help, we have achieved a major victory toward that goal.

We will continue to monitor the plans for Ground Zero to ensure that a fitting and proper memorial is built; one that is respectful of the victims murdered that day, their families, the first responders, and the American people.

A press release on the removal of the IFC from the 15 family member groups is expected in the next 24 hours and we will post it @ www.takebackthememorial.org as soon as it becomes available.

Thank you again for your support, prayers, and dedication. We simply could not have done this without you.

Sincerely,

Robert D. Shurbet
Founder/Web Master
TakeBackTheMemorial.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank God! That is absolutely wonderful news!

How those families must be relieved at not having the murder of their relatives turned into a "hate America" exposition!

I'm relieved and I didn't lose anyone close to me on 9-11.

Especially galling about this whole concept was the beautiful name they wrapped it in - "International Freedom Center."

Sounds so high-minded and moral, doesn't it? It would only be upon completion of a tour of this museum that you'd realize that the only "moral" is that America is always to blame, no matter what, no matter where.

In my mind, an "International Freedom Center" would celebrate liberation, not liberalism! But, maybe that's just me. Confused
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Pataki can always be counted on to do the unexpected.
He may be a Liberal Republican head of a Liberal Democratic state but sometimes he surprises everyone.

Thomas Grasso, a man convicted of murder in two states (Minnesota and New York) was serving a life sentence in a Minneapolis prison when Liberal Republican George Pataki, in favor of the death penalty, became governor of New York. For more than a decade prior, Liberal Democrat Mario Cuomo who opposed the death penalty refused to have Grasso extradited to New York (where the death penalty was law). This action by Cuomo infuriated the families of the murder victims and many of the state's citizenry.

In 1994, when Pataki became governor, within weeks Grasso was finally extradited to New York and executed.

I am profoundly pleased that a halt has been invoked for the IFC.

Thank you Mr. Pataki.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very happy, but I dont trust sheep, there is always something in it for them. A jesse jackson- faracon hate resource center would'nt work now or ever. The pressure was effective, point blank. Shocked
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know much about this situation.. but I can imagine that if it went through.. that many of the 'cells' and/or other extremist terrorists would take honor in going to the said museum to pat themselves on their backs at their accomplishments. That would have been a BIG mistake on our (American) part...

What do the opposition (moonbats) NOT understand about that?
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then who was responsible for the politically correct, multi-cultural memorial statue? [Remember the one with the NYFD with diverse races represented? When the model photo was not?]

blue9t3 wrote:
I'm very happy, but I dont trust sheep, there is always something in it for them. A jesse jackson- faracon hate resource center would'nt work now or ever. The pressure was effective, point blank. Shocked
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debra Burlingame is a registered user here -

Debra if you are reading this - you did a fantastic job and your brother would be very proud to call you his sister. Thank you so much for your efforts. Congrats!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: